【𝐇】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Just remember what we discussed last night." You had spoken to distract them from the cheers, that you knew it wasn't for them. "It's worth trying."

The two nodded and Grim settled on your shoulder and you watched them be determined. Riddle scoffed once more and intently glared at you, without hesitation, you glared at him back.

"We'll see about that." The redhead thought aloud, and you frowned.

Crowley was holding a small vanity, amusement on his face. "Very well. We shall start once this mirror hits the ground and shatters. Ready..."

Ace and Deuce cautiously readied their stance, hands holding their magic pens tighter to cast their spells in an instant. Everything went by in slow motion as the vanity crashed the ground so loudly that it woke you, Ace and Deuce in alert.

"Fight!"

Your eyes trailed to the two challengers, their spell had already been casted on their pens. They did it. They actually managed to cast spells in time.

"[Off with your head]!"

Then comes a shockwave of magic that crashes them both. You widened your eyes when the two were being sent flying to the ground. Immediately you went to their aid, helping them to lessen the impact. Arms hooking at each of their armpits.

"And, match!" You heard Crowley. "Victory goes to the current Dorm Leader, Riddle Rosehearts!!"

"You guys, alright?" You remembered your words right before this started, it was ironic considering that you're worried now.

Except that your expression remained indifferent.

You didn't even care about the outcome now and was only worried for their health. They were defeated while the crowd cheered for their Dorm Leader

"Dammit!" You snapped your attention to Ace who had his curled hands slam on the ground. "We couldn't even attack!"

"He did cast it way too fast..." You mumbled.

"One's magic strength comes from strength of the imagination. The stronger he imagines the results of his magic will be, the more successful it will turn out. Little Rosehearts here has shown how much he has polished his magical skills."

You heard the Headmaster near you. Now he looked at you like he was giving you a lecture, an information, something that you should know about in these school grounds. This somewhat speculates your thoughts that this school, in fact, is no ordinary school aside from the magic.

"And you thought to challenge me at your level." Spoke the redhead himself. "Aren't you ashamed? Oh, I knew it. Anyone who breaks the rules will always amount to nothing. It is as Mother said."

Deuce gritted his teeth. "It's true that rules should be protected... But implementing every single nitpicky rule and strict you can find is called oppression!"

"Huh? There is a punishment for rules that are broken. I am this dorm's absolute rule. So those who breaks the rules have no right to complain to me!"

"Now, that's where you're wrong!" You snapped. "You? The absolute rule? You can't keep using the rules as an excuse to do whatever you want!" A bitter laugh escapes your lips.

"No one will follow rules that are lenient! What sort of lessons were you given that you can't even understand something so simple as this?" The redhead exclaimed and turned to you, his eyes staring right through your soul.

"Someone so magicless as you, I'm sure that you didn't receive any good education before you stepped foot in this school." Riddle continued, seething. "I'm confused as to why you're still here, considering that you are no use of this establishment."