𝟒. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞.

STARGIRL.  chapter 04
... loading !
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯

RORY WASN'T EXACTLY looking forward to school but there was a part of her which really wanted to know what the 'colorado highschool experience' would be like.

it wasn't excitement per say, but she was a curious person by nature. her 'need to know' came first. so for her, the statement 'ignorance is bliss' literally never made any sense, in any case.

nevertheless, she woke up early around 4:30 in the morning. she had fallen asleep really early the night before plus, she found it difficult to sleep in a new room and a new bed. it would take her time to adjust to her surroundings. life wasn't going to be easy by a long shot and she was just gonna have to live with it.

first thing she did after waking up was take a long hot shower- and when she said hot, she meant with burning, scalding water.

getting out of the shower, she put on a pair of black ribbed flare pants which stuck to her skin, with a plain black cropped top. it was fairly cold outside and so she also draped her favourite red leather jacket on top. spending some time straightening her hair- she finally left the bathroom, content.

the house was still fairly quiet. nobody was awake yet as far as she could tell. it was weird seeing the house as blissful as it was, considering its state when the boys were awake. she relished in the peace amidst the chaos. it was nice.

walking back to her room, she noticed that jackie was still sleeping. confused, she took out her phone to check the time. 5:15. her sister would definitely be up by 5:30.

a thought crossed her mind. shaking her head, she brushed it away, before it darted back at her like a stubborn ex.

maybe she'll check in on tyler.

goddamnit.

opening his previously unopened text from back when she landed in colorado, her fingers hovered over the keyboard. she was unsure of what to say, but then again, she wanted to check in on him. no matter what had happened between them after her parents' death she had still cared about him at some point in her life. whether it was platonic or something more.

she hit send, almost positive that he wouldn't respond at this time. but a sudden pop up facetime audio call took her by surprise.

her eyes widened in response.

he was calling her?

her phone vibrated in her hand as she looked up at jackie to reconfirm that she was still sleeping.

she was.

cautiously, rory walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. almost immediately she swiped accept on the call before putting it up to her ears.

"hello?" she said in a low tone. walking forward, she casually sat down on the wooden floorboards, hugging her knees to her chest.

"did you not sleep at night?" his deep voice rang in her ears. she let out an airy laugh.

"people usually say hi when they answer a call you know?" she replied, leaning her head back against the wall.

tyler let out a small laugh, sighing. it was nice talking to him after so long. they had barely communicated after the accident.

they stayed on call, talking about random things for a good 10 minutes. both of them had seemed to master the art of dodging the topic they most feared. suddenly, rory heard a random door open.