𝟐. 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭

STARGIRL.  chapter 02
... loading !
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

DEATH IS THAT one inevitable thing that we all kinda ponder over at some point in life, right? it's bound to happen someday, and nothing can prevent that. there's no escape from the grim reaper.

but what do you do when the grim reaper takes away half of your family in a split second, on one (what was supposed to be beautiful) night.

rory stared off towards the crowds of people rummaging for their bags and suitcases. she liked airports. airports saw kisses more sincere than wedding halls and goodbyes more genuine than anyplace else. she could analyze different people, all with their own set of different stories.

a small toddler in a lavender dress with blonde hair caught her eye. her hair was braided in plaits, and she held a teddy bear by its neck in one of her hands.

beside her were three older children with their parents, dragging their cart towards the international terminal. she grimaced, clenching her jaw with force. her own family. that's what she saw. the same family who were dead.

the thought of her parents and oldest sister caused tears to swell in her eyes. she could feel the nullified, empty feeling in her chest growing larger. she'd never met her biological parents, but she could never imagine that she'd lose the ones who raised her as their own too.

zoning back into reality, she hurriedly wiped her eyes with a swipe of her forearm. this was happening way too much. she could feel herself disassociating half the time. riven and jackie had both noticed it, but there wasn't really anything to say. they were all suffering in their own ways.

turning around towards a very tensed jackie and an absolutely stoic riven, reality slowly sunk in.

goodbye new york. hello colorado.

jackie was talking to their uncle richard on the phone about how they had landed and were now waiting on the walters'. meanwhile, riven simply stood there with an unreadable expression on his face. that's how it had been for the past few months since their parents had passed.

his dark brown hair was messy, cut a lot shorter than usual. his eye-bags were prominent, and it was clear that his ruined mental state was the most noticeable amongst the three. he wore a silver chain around his neck. one that belonged to their mother.

letting out a sigh, rory pulled out her phone. her lockscreen was flooded with notifications from all sorts of people, bidding her goodbye. but one particular one stood out the most.

tyler gray.

'have a safe flight. i hope you know that i'm here whenever you need a shoulder to lean on.'

it was the usual. nobody really knew how to approach her after the news of her family's death got out. it was as if she had the plague, and everybody was trying to avoid getting into a 2m radius of her.

she didn't really mind it though. she had lost her fucking family, what was she supposed to do? throw a party?

scoffing, she looked up at jackie who was still rambling on and on to uncle richard over the phone.

"guys, say hi." she said, turning the phone towards them. riven muttered a soft hi before nonchalantly turning to his side and taking out his own phone. rory, however- took the phone out of jackie's hand and smiled warmly at their uncle.