7

I woke up, feeling the exhaustion in my body. Sitting up in bed, I noticed the healed spot on my abdomen.

 Shoko, smoking with her back against the wall, looked at me. 

Her gaze carried a hint of sadness.

 I smiled warmly, "Thank you for always saving us."

 She took a drag from her cigarette and said in a melancholic tone, "Didn't I tell you not to die on me?" 

Surprised, I leaned my head back, "What can I do?" 

She stubbed the cigarette angrily, "Everyone leaves me somehow, despite their promises to stay. Gojo got sealed, and no one knows if he'll make it out alive. Geto died ten years ago, but now he's back with a curse inside him. The only one here right now is you, and then you show up with Yuji half-dead. Another second, and your lungs would've been filled with blood, and you'd be dead; your ice wouldn't have helped then."

 Propping myself up with the bed, I faced a mirror, examining my reflection. Fighting Sukuna left me with a scar on my face, and I looked paler.

 Turning to Shoko, I gazed at her with sad eyes, "I'm sorry no one could keep their promises to you, but I have no other choice. Gojo got sealed, so I'm rising to become the strongest now and take care of things."

 She looked at me with serious eyes, "We need to free Gojo; without him, we're fucked up." 

Taking a deep breath, I reassured her, "I'll handle it, I promise." 

She gave me a sad smile, raising her fist. I bumped it with mine, smiling back.

 Asking about Yuji, she replied, "He's safe, but he hasn't awakened yet, probably due to Sukuna's body switch earlier." 

Frowning at the memory of wanting to kill a 15-year-old who has no fault at all, I sighed. 

Walking towards the door, I turned around one last time and said, "Thanks again." 

She smiled, and I left the room. 

Heading down the corridor towards the exit, a Jujutsu employee bowed, trembling, "Yn-sama, the higher-ups of Jujutsu Academy are calling you for a meeting." 

My eyes widened at the information. 

I responded, "Understood," and teleported to the academy. 

Sprinting up the stairs, I entered, and two staff members opened the door for me. 

I walked in, my boots echoing in the room. 

The leaders formed a circle, and their faces were separated by a slight barrier, extending all the way up. 

Gojo and I never cared about the hierarchy; we knew they had to adjust their decisions to ours because we were miles stronger than them. 

Someone from the top said condescendingly, "Gojo Satoru has been sealed; the situation in Shibuya has worsened."

 I looked up coldly.

I retorted, "And what do you mean by that?"

 Another voice from the bottom right spoke, "What we mean is that we owe the situation entirely to Gojo."

 I narrowed my eyes, turning to him, "Are you looking for someone to blame for the situation?" 

Someone from the left in the middle laughed coldly, "We don't need to look when it's clear who's to blame." 

I recognized the voice; it was my father.

 Annoyed, I replied, "Father, and all of you, you can clearly say what you want without beating around the bush."