Chapter 4 - A Boy, A Spirit, And A Sorcerer

"I'm back with you again! let's find our other friends too!"

"Ugh. . ."

It's blurry. . .

My head hurts. I could feel a viscous liquid flooding my head. I feel so much pain where my left arm is. Using my right arm, I lift it and touch where the liquid is. I bring my hand covered in the liquid in front of my eyes, getting a blurry look at it. . .

It's blood. . .

It hurts. it hurts so much. I struggle out of the rubble. I could feel my left arm dislocated, my hand broken from the broken debris. It feels like tiny knives jabbing the inside of my arm. it feels just like that time. My blurry vision starts to improve and go back to normal. I wriggle my feet and set them free. I get up wobbly, I can see the destruction around me. What could do something like this? This wasn't a natural disaster. . .

No clouds, no earthquakes, no nothing. That purple ball. . .

I start to walk in an unsafe fashion, my legs are weak. I could barely think straight. I feel fragile. I could still retain my consciousness but I'm waning. I continue to walk, sharp rebar and rocks cover the ground. I carefully try to step into safer and more stable rocks. I continue to walk until I am met with a large crater. . .

Oh god. . . it looks like a nuclear bomb donated here. . .

"Are you here to kill me?"

"What? No! I-I would never be able to kill anybody. . ."

I suddenly hear a conversation between one male and one female, just on the other side of the crater. I walk toward the voices, I bet they could help me. they are probably survivors or rescuers who come to search for people in need. The male voice seems to be speaking Japanese, but the female one speaks in perfect English. I'm confused, how are they talking to each other so perfectly?

No, I can't make questions like that right now. I need help. I walk toward the voices, I can't run. it hurts to run. I make it to the other side of the crater and see. . .

A girl. . . dressed in purple and gold armor, some of the fabric glowing purple. Her hair is ridiculously long, tied in an equally ridiculously long ponytail, tied with a purple semi-glowing bow. She is wielding a giant broadsword aimed directly at a blue-haired, hazelnut-eyed boy lying on the ground raising his arm against her to tell her not to attack him.

What? What is this? I stand there, bewildered. the girl notices me and aims her broadsword at me.

"You, have you come to kill me as well?" says the armored girl.

The girl stops for a second to scan my appearance, her eyes soften a little by looking at my deshelled appearance. Blood was already soaked into my sweater, covering the majority of my face. my white hair is partially a bloody red color, drenched in blood. my left arm looks unnaturally bent, and my hand looks like a crumbled piece of paper. my right eye was closed due to the blood going over it, leaving me with only one available eye to see through.

The blue-haired boy also looked at my appearance, he was horrified at my appearance.

I would be horrified at myself as well. . . I don't feel my arm anymore, but it still hurts. the armored girl stands there staring at me. I could see a look in her eyes, hesitation. I could see her broadsword lower. the pain is starting to get worse, even so, I hold back the painful tears. but I can't hide the twitches in my mouth due to the pain.

"I-It hurts, can you h-help me please. . ." I say to the armored girl, a little bit of the tears I'm holding back slips out.

I could see in her eyes, pity and fear. she wasn't ready to experience this kind of thing yet. to see a severely injured person to the point where they look like they died. I didn't feel the same though, it's like feeling confused when falling from a high height. vertigo.