xv. mad or madly in love

Start from the beginning

James smirked. "She did?"

Ninny nodded. "Miss Maya said Master James was late because Master James is a slow flyer. Miss Maya had to slow down for Master James."

James gaped at the house elf and then gaped at the direction Amaya was in. "She's a little menace, she is—" James yelped when Ninny pinched his leg. "What was that for?"

"Calling Miss Maya names," she said sternly. "Master James must learn to not do so or Miss Maya won't be Master James' wife."

His jaw slackened and James felt his face grow scarlet, words lacking him. Ninny patted his leg and then ushered him to dinner, not even batting an eye that she just nonchalantly mentioned marriage. Was it that obvious he was head over heels for the witch?

At dinner they didn't sit together, instead, Amaya sat next to Sirius and James took his place next to Remus. No one mentioned the fact they couldn't stop staring at each other, even if he noticed the smiles through the table, and the only time someone broke down into laughter, was Sirius when James' foot bumped into his instead of Amaya's. He'd all but spit out his water as he started cackling and Amaya broke into giggles.

James was sure everyone knew he and Amaya were... something—hell, Ninny thought they were at the stage where they were thinking about marriage (which, rest assured, they were not...)—, and yet no one said anything.

Probably because Amaya was acting like there wasn't anything between them—not in the way she used to though, but in a way that made his heart flutter when she looked at him like no one was supposed to know and appeared oblivious even if everyone already did.

James understood it, she didn't want to ruin what they had and if that meant it was just them for a while, he was all right with staying out of labels—something they didn't even talk about yet and though he wanted to mention it, James didn't want to move too fast. For now, they could be friends that were not just friends.

After dinner, as soon as they got to the bedroom, James threw her over his shoulder, making Amaya shriek. He closed the door and raised the silencing wards wandlessly as he threw her on the bed, laughing when her hair fell over her face and she blew it away annoyed.

James didn't let to think about it though, and fell to his knees at the end of the bed, smirking when her annoyance faltered and her eyes coated in lust. Throwing both of her legs over his shoulders, James magically got rid of her clothes making Amaya yelp as she hit him in the back with her heel.

And then any of her sexy Spanish curse words faded into a moan when James started kissing his way to the place she wanted him most. He wanted to learn every crook of her body, know what made her react, what made her shiver or sigh in delight. He wanted to learn anything and everything he could about her, and he made sure she knew that.

He made her finish once on the bed, as she told him what worked for her and he obliged without another thought; he did it again against the counter of the bathroom; then in the shower when they were getting ready for bed and he died at her hands when Amaya had lowered herself to her knees in the bathroom and made him see stars as she showed him that she wanted to learn what worked for him as much as he did her—and those divine blowjobs she'd mentioned, weren't even close to the real thing.

Then, he'd given her one of his shirts as pajamas and put on his underwear and they settled into the bed, exhausted out of their minds.

Amaya kissed his jaw as she curled up next to him and whispered, "Just so you know, I could never hate you either."

"Yeah?"

She nodded with a hum, laying her head on his chest. "I like you too much."

And then she'd fallen asleep and James was left staring at the ceiling, going over the day that started so well and ended well despite the turmoil Moody put Amaya through.