25. JUST CAN'T LISTEN

"How is he?" Headmaster Cole asked the doctor who was currently checking Vince's condition. "Do you know why he isn't healing.

Everyone was gathered in the small hospital room, waiting for the answer only a doctor can provide.

"His wounds are caused by silver and wolfsbane, aconitum to be exact. Which has only a few known cures. But we can try and get as much out his system as possible, but there is only so much we can do. We're gonna have to get an antidote and we're going to need it soon, or his majesty might die."

True face was filled with rage, while Tessa was on the verge of tears.

"I'm gonna call mom." Tessa said as she quickly rushed for the door that lead out of the small and overly cramped room.

"Do you know when he'll wake up." True asked, as he looked at his father. Such raw emotions in his eyes, but he tried his best to hide them.

But everyone knew he was in pain, especially because no one ever wants to see their father in such a ways. It was a painful sight.

"No. Currently his majesty is in a coma and we don't know when exactly he'll wake up. If he wakes up. With the bane constantly coursing through his veins, it might keep him in a coma for who knows how long. No one really knows, because there has never been a situation like this." True nodded, his face was blank as he turned for the door.

He knew exactly what he needed to do. But that doesn't means he's the right person who needs to do it.

***

"Byron?" True called as he entered the academy's library. He looked around the room full of old and ancient books, full of supernatural wars and history.

"Byron?" He called once again. As he walked deep into the stuffy room.

This time he got a reply. "Who is it?"

"It's me." True replied.

"Who is me?"

"True."

A quiet 'oh shit' slipped from Byron's mouth as he made his way from behind one of the bookcases that was located at the very back of the library.

He quickly rushed towards True, stopping to bow slight before saying, "what can I do for you your highness?"

"I need to know exactly every detail of aconitum poisoning and I need to know of every antidote as well as where to find them. And I need them NOW!"

Byron quickly nodded, already fearful of the alpha prince's dominant presence.

True wanted so badly to hide his emotions. He felt as if he showed emotion, he couldn't compose himself accordingly, In which would have caused fault within his actions and decisions. But it was futile to try and hide his feelings, because his face might be blank and gave no insight into what he was thinking. But his voice gave it all away, his voice gave away all his emotions.

His pain. His sadness. But most of all his worries and the fear of losing both his father and Lupine for good. He loved them both from the bottom of his heart, and even though him and Lupine rejected each other. He still wished for only that Lupine was safe.

He knew he had fucked up and he knew suggesting to keep their relationship a secret was wrong. But he was just so scared of his mother opinion and how she viewed him. But that still isn't an excuse, he shouldn't have said what he said. And he would give anything to go back and fix everything. To got back to the point where he and Lupine rejected each other and fix it, but it was too late.

Lupine didn't want a relationship with him. He had already fucked everything up.

"Umm...your highness?" Byron interrupted True's thoughts.