17: "...ɪᴍ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ."

Start from the beginning

The Furina from a year ago would've never believed that she actually found someone she was willing to spend her time with.

Sometimes, she wishes she could've met you sooner. Maybe all the suffering she had to endure for all those years would've been nonexistent if you were by her side.

"Furina?"

"Oh, yes?"

"..."

"I-..."

People walked by as you and Furina admired each other.

You opened your mouth to say something but closed it.

Furina noticed a small blush that coated your cheeks as you looked away.

"I-it's nothing.."

Seeing you flustered like this made Furina giggle a little.

"Okay! Let's go in before the show starts."

You nodded, and you both walked in together.

-

"Hey, traveler! Do you think Y/n seems to be more in the clouds lately?"

Aether set down his fork and looked at Paimon curiously.

"What do you mean? Isn't he always like that?"

Paimon shook her head as she set her giant waffle down.

"No! He's beyond the clouds! Paimon is really worried about him. He's always spacing out now!"

Aether's face softened. Even Paimon noticed something was up.

"I'm not sure.."

Aether looked down at his food.

It was strange, but you somehow reminded him of Lumine.

Seeing you like this also made him worried. Paimon too.

Aether knew the day when he would have to let you go would come eventually.

"Also, he forgot to make Paimon French Toast this morning!"

Aether rolled his eyes.

-

"Woww, that show was amazing! No matter how many times I see the same trick, I'll never not-be amazed!"

"Yes, it was interesting to watch."

It was now around lunchtime, meaning that you were both starting to get hungry.

You and Furina looked for a nearby fast food spot and ordered some food.

Only after about twenty minutes, your food arrived.

You dipped your fry in ketchup while Furina happily ate her burger.

Through her chewing, she told you about different performances she saw in the past.

"Yeah, so I never really liked the ending! Anyway, what about you? What form of entertainment do you usually like?"

"Me? Oh, well...I don't really find a lot of things entertaining."

"Aw, really? Well, we can look for more things around town to have fun with! I've also been shopping more often and bought a lot of new things, but eventually, I realized that I didn't need all the stuff I bought, so I donated it."

You listened to Furina's rambling and occasionally nodded. You loved listening to her.

Was it bold to say that you found her entertaining?

'Why are you wasting your time like this?? Hmph, unacceptable!!'

You sat up straight when you suddenly heard a voice.