A man pushed between him and Adam, "Out of the way!"

And suddenly the place was bustling with life. A stall in to their right opened and people came running in, chatting and shouting and living. Winnie stepped closer to the Doctor again, wanting to get away from the crowds and, ideally, not lose her friends.

"Fine cuisine?", Rose scrunched her nose as she caught a look of a 'Kronkburger' being served.

"My watch must be wrong", the Doctor looked at it, "No, it's fine. It's weird."

"That's what comes from showing off", Rose poked him, "Your history's not as good as you thought it was."

"Says you", Winnie snorted with her arms crossed.

"Yeah", the Doctor mirrored her pose, "My history's perfect."

Rose rolled her eyes, "Well, obviously not."

"They're all human", Adam commented, "What about the millions of planets, the millions of species? Where are they?"

Winnie tilted her head at him, not having expected a good take from him. The Doctor agreed, "Good question. Actually, that is a good question. Adam, me old mate, you must be starving."

"No, I'm just time sick", he looked down.

"No, you just need a bit of grub", the Doctor put an arm around Adam's shoulders and pulled him to the stall, "Oi, mate, how much is a kronkburger?"

"Two credits twenty, sweetheart. Now join the queue!"

And soon enough they were pushed out of the way by others wanting burgers.

"Money", the Doctor patted himself down, "We need money. Let's use a cashpoint."

"Attention all staff. All coverage of the Glasgow water riots being transferred five through nine."

The Doctor sonicked a cashpoint and it produced a credit card. He handed it to Adam, "There you go. Pocket money. Don't spend it all on sweets."

"How does it work?", Adam asked the already retreating Doctor.

"Go and find out. Stop nagging me. The thing is, Adam, time travel's like visiting Paris", he took Winnie's hand on his way and kept walking backwards, Winnie joining in now, "You can't just read the guide book, you've got to throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me?", he brushed it off and dragged Winnie onward, "Stop asking questions! Go and do it. Off you go then. Your first date."

Winnie smirked in amusement and Rose rolled her eyes, "You're going to get a smack, you are."

Winnie laughed and the Doctor grinned as they finally got on their way and approached two women, one in a pantsuit, the other in a pink blouse.

"Er, this is going to sound daft, but can you tell us where we are?", the Doctor asked them.

"Floor One Three Nine", the one in a pantsuit gestured to the wall, where it was written from bottom to top, "Could they write it any bigger?"

"Floor one three nine of what?", he continued his questioning.

"Must've been a hell of a party", she crossed her arms.

"You're on Satellite Five", the other woman said in a much kinder tone.

"What's Satellite Five?"

"Come on, how could you get on board without knowing where you are?", the woman in the pantsuit seemed annoyed.

"Look at him, he's stupid", Winnie grinned before he could say anything, and suddenly the woman had an amused spark in her eye.

The Doctor pursed his lips at his companion but didn't protest. Ultimately he just shrugged and looked back at the women