02. "𝘽𝙞𝙜 𝘼𝙨𝙨 𝙀𝙜𝙤... 𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙖𝙨 𝙈𝙮 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧"

Sophia had fitted in perfect at SVU. She was finding herself getting close with everyone there. She couldn't help but feel like there was a spark with Nick. And how he had been there for her since her first day.

She knew how she had been worried things weren't going to work for her. But she was glad she made the transfer.

Sophia yawned as she sat at her desk. Nick smiled over at her. "No coffee?" He asked.

"No. I've banned myself from coffee. Keeps me awake too long. And then I'm grouchy," Sophia said as she yawned. "I need to get into a proper sleep routine."

Olivia walked over to her. She smiled. "You look tired," she said as she looked to her.

Sophia nodded. "Paperwork. Always makes me tired. Once fell asleep in school," she said as she stretched. She looked to Olivia. "I thought the captain was coming back?" She asked as she put her pen down.

Olivia sighed. "He will be. This is just a one time thing. It's late. You should get out of here. You'll be as bad as me," she told her.

Sophia grinned. "I think I'll go to the bar. I may just decide on one drink. And then I'll go home and sleep," she said.

"Good luck with that."

****

Sophia was sitting at the bar. She groaned as she saw her brother joining her. "Can a girl not drink in peace?" She asked.

Rafael joined her. He smirked. "Don't be mean. I'm your brother."

"You're also a pain in the ass. Do you not have anyone you could go and sleep with? So you're not harassing me?"

"No. I thought I'd stalk my sister and join her instead. Phia, mami says you haven't called her in days. She's worried," Rafael told her.

Sophia rolled her eyes. She looked to her brother and shrugged. "Because I've been settling in. I'm fine. I honestly am. I'll call her tomorrow," she told him.

"You better. She'll hunt you down."

"Oh I'm so scared."

****

The next morning, Sophia was watching the interview that a rape victim had given the night before. She sighed. "She's giving as good as she gets here," Sophia said.

Amanda nodded. "But it turned ugly when they were alone."

Sophia frowned. "She's not claiming rape. But she agreed to a rape kit?" She asked.

Olivia nodded. "Well reluctantly. She has anal fissures. And a severe ligature mark on her neck," she told the young detective.

Sophia shook her head. "Yeah. Well there's a difference between rape. And rough. I've had rough sex before. Never turned into this," she said. She noticed everyone looking at her. "What? I'm not a virgin."

Fin looked to them both. "She didn't press charges?" He asked.

Amanda shook her head. "No. She's worried. You know, because of her book," she told the team.

"Her prose is pretty florid. Although I admire any author who can work in nipple clamps. And Albinoni's Adagio in one sentence," Munch commented.

"You read this?" Fin asked.

"The yentas at my mothers retirement home were passing it around. And my mother is losing her sight. So I read it to her," Munch told them.

Sophia blinked a couple of times before she shook her head. "I don't think that's something you want to read to your mother," she said.