Chapter Eighty Four: Something He Should Express More (2)

Comincia dall'inizio

Gerard shuddered slightly as he said that. The terribly vivid emotion of sorrow and despair he felt before came to his mind again.

"It felt so real back then. I couldn't resist not reading the strange book, and I had to keep reading it..."

"What?"

Chloe cut off Gerard and asked.

"What did you just say?"

"You had to read a book that you couldn't resist not reading it?"

"..."

Chloe felt goosebumps form all over her body.

'No way...'

She wondered why he overreacted to a mere dream. If her husband had the same dream as her, it wasn't unreasonable for him to act like this.

"Please explain it in more detail."

She demanded, becoming more serious.

"In the dream, you... left me and ran away, then I found you six years later."

"..."

"But Herace Moore was beside you, Abel in his arms."

Gerard described the last scene he witnessed.

"Why? Why did I leave you?"

"About that..."

Gerard frowned at Chloe's question.

"So, you went back to the past... um."

Gerard's mind went blank for a moment. The feelings and thoughts that he had were crystal clear, but he couldn't remember the contents of the book in his dream properly.

The last scene was the only one wandering in his mind. Gerard felt like he was trying to recall fading memories.

Knock, knock.

A soft knock rang through the room.

"Father! Mother!"

Abel came when he heard his father had woken up. He had just woken up so his appearance was quite disheveled, but he still looked lovely.

"Father!"

Abel ran to Gerard and hugged him.

"Abel!"

Gerard pulled Abel, who was running towards him, into his arms.

"Are you not sick anymore, Father?"

The child asked while touching his father's face with his small hand.

Abel seemed to be concerned because it was the first time he saw his father get sick. The child was doing what he used to do to his mother.

"Yes, I'm not sick anymore."

"I missed you, Father,"

Abel said while circling his arms around Gerard's neck. The adults didn't let him come near his father, who suffered from a fever.

"...Me, too. I also missed you so much, my son."

Gerard finally felt like he could breathe. In the book, Abel looked at him with eyes filled with fear and terror. He ended up sobbing hard.

However, his son was now looking at him with eyes full of affection.

He was finally back where he was supposed to be.