"i'm so glad you're,"

jisung finally took notice of the thin material of the hospital pyjamas.

"why are you in hospital clothes? are you okay?" jisung asked with urgency and worry laced in his voice.

"i overworked and fainted," m/n shamefully admitted. "i'm sorry." he said in a timid voice.

"don't be sorry," jisung stated warmly, letting out a sigh of relief as he gave him a peck on the head. "you're back and you're safe, that's all that matters."

m/n's heart swelled even more. since they started dating weeks ago, jisung had become his refuge, his safe place. and to hear the other speak so endearingly to him that him being back was all that mattered, m/n felt a myriad of emotions, and yet no word seemed to be able to describe how he felt. he felt full, somehow, as if worldly needs were no longer needed to him, wordly desires no longer important. the earth could stop spinning and yet, his fullness would sustain him. he had a lover to call home, and he was his lover's home as well.

he was home.

"i'm home sung."

"welcome home."

jisung pressed their lips together as he cradled m/n's cheeks and m/n kissed back with equal amounts of passion.

when they separated from the kiss, a flushed m/n realised what they just did and quickly burrowed his head into jisung's chest.

"my prince is shy hmm?" jisung teased, hugging m/n back who said nothing in reply. it was not their first kiss, but each one with jisung felt like a first to m/n – passionate yet pure, intoxicating yet liberating, unreal yet so very real.

a loud buzz from m/n's phone sounded, but he ignored it, continuing to hug his boyfriend.

"prince, your phone..." his words trailed off. m/n simply shook his head, not wanting to pick up the call.

"you should see who it is, could be someone important?" jisung nudged. begrudgingly, m/n took out his phone, his eyes bulging from who it was.

"it's the president," he looked up at jisung who nodded his head.

he picked up the call reluctantly.

"good morn-" he got cut off by the raging voice of the world leader.

"where are you?! i've been trying to reach you to no avail! there's an emergency! get your ass here, now!" his seething voice screeched, emphasizing on the last word before he hung up.

"you have to go, right?" jisung asked.

"i don't want to," m/n mumbled in reply.

"want to be with you."

"i'm always here love. you can come back to me whenever." jisung reassured, patting m/n's head. "you're my chief of staff too you know." he joked.

"fine," m/n frowned. "i'll be back soon." he kissed jisung on the lips one more time, before he teleported back to the toilet to get dressed.

when jisung saw m/n evaporated into nothingness in the blink of an eye, he felt a certain uneasiness in his chest. a sense of foreboding. an internal, intrusive voice told him m/n might be in danger, but his logical side won.

"maybe it's nothing..?" he convinced himself.

by the time m/n changed and reached the secret meeting room, it was 8.10am, which is still considerably much earlier than his usual 9am-5pm, but he was still late nonetheless, because he worked for an overbearing leader.