9

The next day Fatima was up and out before Zac was finished getting ready. It was already set in Fatima's mind that they would be driving separately to the office because she had things to do way before Zac even had to show his face at Taylored Homes.

Messiah was off to school and Mason was with Fatima's mother. The girls didn't have school so they slept in. Mia is planning to go on a date with Dante later on while Melody is volunteering at the gym with the younger girls to help them in gymnastics class. She has been considering possibly working there eventually but she  wasn't in a rush to make that move, even though she did like helping out there from time to time.

Even though Fatima's first meeting of the day was via zoom, she wanted to still be at the office because immediately after, she had a meeting with a potential client who was interested in using Taylored Homes.

When Zac woke up, he realized Fatima was gone and the side of her bed was made. The room was completely still and the house was quiet.  After last night's conversation with Fatima about the California project and her response to it, Zac couldn't quite process how to move about with her. He thought maybe she left early because she was upset with him,  he didn't remember her schedule for today.
He got out of bed just as his alarm was set to go off, he picked up the phone. He went to check the schedule and did see she had some early meetings which clarified why she left before he woke. He remembered her mentioning have an early day when they were talking last night.

He showered and got ready to start his day. As he was leaving out bedroom, he was startled by seeing Mia walking up the stairs.

"What you doing home?" He asked as she finished up the stairs with a water in her hand

"Umm we don't have school today" Mia says confused at his confusion because the girls had specifically explained how today was going to go with their parents. Zac and Fatima were aware and okay with their plans but it must've slipped Zac's mind.

"Mel home too?" He asked

"Yes dad, she's sleeping." Mia responded. She was simply grabbing water and trying to go lay back down.

"Your moms know y'all home?" He ask

"Dad. Yes. We literally talked about this the other day. We don't have school. I'm going on a date with Dante and Mel is going to the gym. Were you not in the convo?" She ask

"A date where?" He ask and she sucked her teeth

"Lunch and the mall or something dad I don't know. Maybe the arcade" she responds

"Oooh I do remember now. Shìt it's still early-

"Um yeah and I want to go lay back down" she says

"Don't let me stop you" he says with his hands up "Let us know when either of you leave the house" he says jogging down the stairs

"Okay" she responds before going back in her room and closing the door.

Zac left out of the house and headed to do a property visit, checking to see if construction is going right and how far along things are. He would be heading to the office after to finish out his work.

With Fatima she was finishing up some notes after her previous meeting when she heard a knock on her door

"Come in" Fatima says still focused with the pen to one of the documents

"Hello helloooo" Monica sang as she walked in with her purse on her arm, two cups in her hands and a bag of takeout on her wrist.

"Oh hey!" Fatima greeted as she placed her pen on the table and stood from her desk.