TWO

(   chapter two   )

REAL LIFE

kimberly winced as she opened her eyes, shying away from the sun shining through the window. after she got her eyes to adjust to the light, she looked around the unfamiliar room, panicking slightly. as she remembered the night before, she realised she was in george's room.

she stretched in the bed before sitting up, taking in the room around her. after finding her shoes, she quickly slid them on, making her way towards the door. she opened it as quietly as she could, finding her way back to the living room where chris and olivia were sat chatting on the sofa.

"morning, darling." chris said jokingly, smiling smugly. kimberly rolled her eyes, sitting next to him to whack him gently. "have a good sleep?"

"what time is it?" kimberly groggily asked, pulling her phone out to find it was only nine. "are george and arthur still asleep?" she continued, noticing the two were missing.

"arthur is, the bloke sleeps until eleven most days." chris states, scrolling on his phone. "i believe george is in the kitchen." he smirked.

kimberly scoffed. "whatever." she blankly said, moving to stand from the sofa. "i'll be in the kitchen."

she could hear the giggles from chris and olivia as she walked away, turning around quickly to flip the pair off. she found george stood at the counter, making tea. she moved to stand next to him, almost shrieking when the man jumped.

"holy fuck." he breathed out, nearly dropping his spoon. "you scared the shit out of me."

kimberly giggled, covering her mouth. "sorry." she laughed. "thank you for letting me sleep in your room."

george just nodded, scratching the back of his neck. "it's no problem, didn't want you sleeping on the sofa." he replied, smiling slightly at her. he didn't know why he felt so awkward around her, he had just met her.

"where did you sleep then?"

"i just stayed in arthur's room." he stated, focusing on mixing his tea. "olivia was in chris' room."

"oh." kimberly nodded, turning around to lean against the counter next to him. "didn't mean to kick you out of your room." she continued.

"don't worry about it, love." he replied, finally properly looking at her. he took in her messy hair and smudged lipstick. "you've got lipstick all over your face."

kimberly gasped softly, covering her mouth again. "oh my god." she laughed, wiping at her face. "that's embarrassing." the man just stared at her.

"you look great."

"i don't believe you." she laughed as chris and olivia joined them in the kitchen. the pair watched the two before making themselves known.

"arthur's awake." chris started, flicking his eyes between the two. "we were thinking we'd grab lunch."