Don't Do That II

"Baby girl?" Margot called out, stepping into your house and setting her bag down on the counter. It was 11:30 and she'd just gotten home from set.

You were most likely asleep, so she slipped her shoes off and headed upstairs so she could take a quick shower before hitting the hay.

She walked into the bedroom to find you in bed, wide awake — to her surprise. You had your noise-cancelling headphones on, so you couldn't hear her calling out earlier.

Margot smiled, finding you adorable as you watched something on your laptop. She gently tapped your shoulder, and you jumped, startled. You pulled off the headphones, looking at her with a mix of surprise and sleepiness.

"Hey, baby girl. Couldn't sleep?" she asked, concern in her eyes.

You grinned, "Was waiting for you."

Margot's heart melted, and she planted a sweet kiss on your forehead. "Well, I'm here now. So you get some rest, okay?"

She turned, heading towards the bathroom, but you gently tugged her back by her wrist, pouting. "Where are you going?"

She chuckled. "Just going to grab a shower, love," she replied, pushing a strand of your hair aside. Spotting a fresh wound on your bottom lip, she sighed, sitting beside you on the bed as her eyebrows knitted together. Her thumb traced along the outline of your lip.

"Darling, did you do it again?" she asked softly, concern in her eyes.

You cleared your throat, shrugging. "Sorry. I-I didn't notice."

She reached for the lip balm on the nightstand, the one she'd been applying to your lips for the past few weeks to help them heal and stay moisturised.

She smiled, applying the balm gently. "You need to take better care of yourself, baby. I worry about you."

You leaned into her touch, appreciating the warmth of her presence. "I know, Margot. It's just... I don't even notice I'm doing it anymore."

"We'll find a way so you can stop. Okay?"

You nodded. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

comment on this line or pm me for requests <3