00. 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘴

Start from the beginning

The low ringing of the EKG piercing through the lingering silence that followed.

And there the young child stood, bawling his eyes out into his hands, an indescribable grief ripping through his mind.

He had lost his parents, his lifestyle. All to some selfish drunk driver who got to live through the accident.

Adonis himself didn't just strut out of the accident at 100%. His body well felt the pain of being stuck in a car that folded in on itself.

That pain showed itself on his skin, many small scars laid upon his body, all different places he had been stabbed and scratched by metal pieces of the car.

The main one though, was one that stretched across the bridge of his nose, tainting his face.

What was supposed to be a fun family outing had turned into a nightmare.

He cried, all day, and all night, his near silent whimpers echoing through the cold, silent rooms he always found himself in.

He and his sister were left alone, nothing for them in this world anymore.

He hadn't any extended family, unless you counted his uncle—his mother's younger brother, but he hadn't even a clue as to what the man's name was.

And the man obviously didn't care for him, or his sister, as he never showed his face once.

So they had nobody on earth to fall back on.

They could live off of their inheritance from their parents for some time, and a little help from their parents' friends.

But, they werent exactly wealthy, they just made enough to get by decently. So, as a result, their funds eventually ran low.

It was around the time she was 12, Adonis was still 8, not nearly old enough to get a job himself.

She got a Job, but it wasn't enough for both her and her brother, but two jobs wouldn't cooperate with her schedule.

So she made a choice.

She hated that she'd never be able to achieve her dream of being a doctor, but Adonis was her family, and she needed the money in order to provide as his legal guardian. Otherwise, they'd end up being separated.

It was stressful, but she would do anything for her brother. Anything in the world.

Adonis recognized that, even at a young age, and he hated how she had to sacrifice so much for him.

When she told him she'd be dropping out, the pain in her eyes as she spoke, the hurt that he heard in her shaky voice, it was one of the worst days he could remember.

On many occasions, the Itoshi's—their parent's closest friends— offered to help out with the money problem, but it was really too much to ask of them.

It made it convinient that Adonis and Sae were best friends, it was actually what had brought the families together as close friends.

So naturally, Adonis would've been exposed to soccer from a young age, with Sae being a prodigy, because obviously he'd go to support his friend.

Plus, his family used to always watch whenever they could, it was the way they spent time together.

His mother always insisted on watching the France national team matches, as well as the Bastard Munchen ones.

He didn't know why it was those teams specifically, but it didn't really matter to him.

That, paired with his best friend's prowess in the sport, he found himself watching soccer quite a bit.