Chapter 2

I groaned as I woke to my alarm. Another day heading to HQ and hopefully not get a slow and quiet day at work. But at least I plan to head to the store after work, meaning I can bring my own car to save on time driving a government rig out to HQ and back.

I glanced down at my phone and chuckled as I saw art I had made got featured on Amino. It was crossover stuff between the MCU and MCYT. Always been a fan of the idea of traveling to other universes. Never gave up on it as I have been so sure that the possibility exists. Universal travel is possible, we just have yet to learn how to.

Once I was ready to go, I grabbed my backpack and headed out to my car. Snow still littered around in January as the new year began. It took me a month to start liking Loki in the MCU. A friend at Job Corps showed me the show in October 2023. I had three episodes left to watch once I arrived in Idaho for my new job. And then obsessing over his character in fanfics. Creating my own in my head as I did mindless tasks that didn't need my full attention. Or while I was driving and listening to music from the Loki show. And sometimes the music is MCYT if I'm in the mood.

Arriving at HQ, I noticed the map on the guestbook table had fallen on the floor of the foyer. It wasn't that big of a deal but, everything had to look tidy when visitors came.

Last time I had been here before yesterday was last month, two weeks before Christmas. I saw a shrew for the first time in the foyer and thought it was a cockroach. And it had spooked me enough to scare my coworker and supervisor while we looked at the brochures display for most of the winter recreation information.

The day progressed slowly like usual. I had done most of my tasks listed on my checklist and had decided to start writing one of my Loki fanfic ideas. I was calling it Saga and it included the character being the daughter of Paul Rudd, the actor of Ant-Man. The whole story would take Saga (Sage) Rudd into the MCU and she would try to change the outcome of the timeline. Preventing the deaths of many characters. And falling for Loki at the same time.

The only thing that made it take so long to work on is that I wanted to write everything correctly. Meaning I find a manuscript online or have the movie up and pausing every so often to write the events for the story. I was lucky that there was a script online and that meant I could discretely write without worrying about being distracted.

As I typed away, someone walks into the lobby. I slide out of my chair and head over to the counter while greeting the visitor.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" I asked while flashing the customer service smile. The man looked confused at first but nodded a second later.

"Ah yes. I was curious about a few things actually. My first question is if there are any more of those maps of the area. I arrived after the building was closed and only saw this map. My second is how long has it been since Thanos' attack. And finally, where are the Avengers?" He asked.

Even though I had started to grab more MVUMs from underneath the counter, I had to do a double take on the last two he asked.

"Uh, are you a hardcore fan of the Marvel franchise? Because Thanos and the Avengers are just characters made up for entertainment. I would know since I've been watching the movies and shows the past two months." I mention slowly. Placing the MVUMs on the counter, I could tell the guy was more confused than when he walked in.

"I- I don't understand what this 'Marvel' is. I arrived in the area and a group approached me as if I wasn't a threat. They called my attire a 'cosplay' and proceeded to gather around me. I could only assume they captured a photo of the moment with their device. They also mentioned 'Marvel' after they left me." He states.