Life After Death; A New Life

For some souls, death ushers them into an era of endless torment, encasing their existence in a ceaseless abyss of misery. Among these unfortunate souls was He Xuan or previously known in his mortal years as He Sheng.

His spirit was scarred from years of anguish and unfulfilled desires. An array of heartbreaking experiences bound him to this perpetual state of suffering. Three lifetimes he lived. The first life was tougher for him as his memories were lost to him, but this time, the endless misfortunes and tragedies that befallen his life remained a mystery to him, questioning why all this was happening to him. The second one was from his days and realizing Shi Wudu's machinations and placed a curse upon his life and as a calamity, It was an unforgiving ride full of endless trauma and profound despair that rendered his spirit to endure pain indefinitely.

The imprint of his grievances and sufferings marred the essence of his spiritual journey post-death, prohibiting him from accessing tranquility or a peaceful resolution to his perturbing life.  

Elsewhere, He Xuan grappled with an eerily similar despair.

A different kind of desolation gripped his heart, ruthlessly shorn from his familial ties, the comfort of his fiancee's presence, and the echoes of an existence that now seemed foreign.

Stung by pain and gnawing at his nerves, He Xuan, displaying a grim, yet defiant smile of resignation, made his move towards what he believed would be his redemption.

The deathly silence of the lake stirred with his quiet murmurs, like whispers barely dancing over the expanse of stillness.

Every fibre in his body yearned for mercy in death's embrace as he felt the familiar pangs of frigid water, soaking through his attire, as he descended into the belly of the frosty abyss.

An invisible current in the deep pulled him deeper into its aquatic graveyard, disregarded in the flurry of murky maelstrom.

As the silent cry for his own end rang clear, He Sheng gave himself to the brutal lullaby of his memories - from the warmth of parental love to the serenity in his beloved sister's wisdom, from his wife Miao-er to the wretched doom that befell his existence, a panorama of his lifetime played out before him like a theatre in ruins.

From the depths of the surrounding shadows emerged the foreboding presence of the one behind this grisly game - Shi Wudu, also known as the Water Tyrant and the God of Wealth, one of the three Tumors of Heaven, earning his title for his ferocious tenacity and known to overturn any ship that did not bestow upon him offerings.

Hiding his gaunt features behind the intricately embroidered fabric of his fan, the 'Venerable of Empty Words', that had been tormenting his younger brother Shi Qingxuan and if not for the immediate actions of switching another's fate, his little Xuan would have met the gruesome life this mortal faced.

Now as he examined the lifeless form of He Sheng, now a pallid doll on the water's surface after allowing the water to fill his lungs and met his cold and lonely demise.

Nothing else crept into his cold voice as he muttered, all he cared about that his brother was safe from the Venerable of Empty Word's cluthes, "So it is done. My brother is safe at last" if there was anything Shi Wudu felt at the moment, there was one that was for certain; he did not regret this decision, no matter how manipulative it was, there was no other choice.

It was either his or Xuan-Xuan's.

As for He Xuan, Then he woke up in an unfamiliar place, He Xuan breathed in shakily, "I'm still alive?" All the while a voice from nowhere was heard that only he heard, whatever the voice said "Do you want to have another chance again?"