Chapter Three: Even When I Am Alone

[N]

Salomé sighs deeply as she collapses on the black carpet of her living room. Her giggles muffled as Evangeline's tiny paws came in contact with her calf muscles. Gently lifting the black cat up, she brings her other arm up to caress her midnight coat. Purring, Evangeline found her comfort space right in front of her owner's face. Trying desperately to ignore the nagging feeling at the nape of her neck, Salomé sits herself up and eyes the room.

Though she was completely alone, with the exception of Evangeline, she felt like there was someone peering over her shoulder. It was as if someone came and hugged her after not seeing her all day. "Hm." She hummed. Swiftly lifting her weight, Salomé gets up and speed-walks toward her room. In there, she reaches under her pillow and pulls out a burgundy, leather journal.

These were the things Salomé did when she felt unease - journaling. The brunette returned to her respective place behind her old cat, sitting crisscrossed as she opened her journal to a fresh page. As her pen click, her heartbeat begins to pick up whilst all feelings of unease begin to dissolve into her words.

Even though I am alone, I feel you watching me. For some reason, since that night we shared, I haven't been the same Salomé. My eyes are red, my neck is red and dry with two gaping holes, and I'm hearing and feeling things I've not heard or felt in all my twenty five years of living. What did you do to me? I know you can hear my thoughts, if not feel what I'm feeling. I have a feeling you're hiding from me. I have a feeling you feel guilty. But, I won't be mad at you. I just want to know what you've done to me.

S

As she nears the end of her written rant, a feeling of immense comfort washes over her. Yet, the hairs on her male have refused to sit. Something may happen to...night. Tonight. It'll happen tonight. "Ugh, I need a shower." Salomé groans, not even bothering to have her usual after-school snack. As she allows the scalding water to overtake her body, the hairs finally begin to sit.

Salomé

The brunette hears a whisper. Not coming from outside..but inside. Something was whispering...from inside her.

I'm sorry baby

She heard again. This really beginning to creep her out, she calls into the air.

"Hello?"

No answer. Her heartbeat begins to pick up as frantic whispering coats her mind. Salomé felt her knees beginning to go weak, a roar brewing within her chest.

"SHUT UP!!" She finally exclaimed, curling up into a ball as she felt the scolding water continue to hit her scalp. Salomé felt the life slipping from her piece by piece, and before finally turning herself loose, she felt she same engulfing feelings from earlier consume her body.

-

Demi stood above Salomé's passed out body. The undead woman felt her heart jolt at what she's done to her sweet girl. Only trying to help her figure her new 'life' out, she ended up a liability. She felt more guilty than ever, almost as guilty as she did for what she's made her into. With light hands, the raven haired woman caresses her sweet girl's face. Just then, the hairs in her neck stood up. She had three minutes before Salomé would wake. Quickly, Demi placed and tender kiss to Salomé's lips before disappearing into the evening.

Three minutes later, Salomé's now auburn eyes would open.