16 | best cult forever

Start from the beginning

You felt your anger boiling over. "Nah? What do you mean nah?" You said.

"It means, I don't want to tell you. Stupid chicks like you get too excited." He said it so matter-of-factly.

"Excuse you. First off, you're hideous. I've already got a guy I like. Oh- and I have a boyfriend! His name's Haruka Iseumi. Yeah. The leader of the Church, Haruka Iseumi." You jutted your finger at him again.

"Leader? Do you really think he's the leader? Ha. He's nothing more than a face around here." He rolled his eyes. "Oh wait! Haha! That's why I remember you. Barem's been talking about you all week."

You anger instantly fell. All week? You just met him today?

"Wait a second... So you're..." His voice trails off, his eyeballs widening in surprise. He gasps and then chuckles. But he doesn't say anything.

Alarm bells were going off. "How do I leave this - the church." You stammered.

"Huh?" He turned in confusion. "Why would you ever want to leave?"

You frantically looked about. "I uh... I don't want to get married." You whispered, the words failing you.

"Ooh. I forgot you guys had to do that. Haha. Goodluck." He sparked.

"Are you not married or something?" You asked.

"Nah. My rank gives me total freedom. Haha!" He laughed mockingly at you. You so badly wanted to deck him straight into his handsome face.

"Well.. How do I get to that rank?" You stammered.

"Ha. You can't! Ever. Hahaha!" He started roaring all in your face. It took everything not to deck a good one at him. You struggled a breath, revving up your voice for another yell when he shook his head. "Not like you could ever leave if you wanted to. You're stuck here big time, girlie." He giggled.

"W-What do you mean I'm stuck?" You mumbled.

"I won't let you." He grinned.

"Well... Watch me now." You side stepped him. He grabbed your wrist instantly.

"Hey. Seriously." He muttered. "You're not leaving this church."

"You can't keep me here." You said. "Haruka will find out. And... My parents will too."

"And... What about Denji?" He said.

Did. Did he know, too? You went dead quiet. You didn't care about Haruka knowing. the idea was starting to lose its power after what you just saw. But. How did he know? How did Fami know? Did Barem know, too?

"What do you mean?"

"Yesterday." He said.

It finally clicked.

You were being watched.

Someone had been following you. Or maybe you were bugged? Did your cellphone have a--

Abruptly, your phone rang. Your ringtone filled the tense air, sliced it open with a sword. Your worried eyes fell to your pocket. The boy dropped your wrist and folded his arms.

"What if I don't care about... About people finding out." You said as your phone raged on.

"Oh, yes, you do. You care a lot." He said. He looked at your pocket. "Aren’t you going to check that?"

You didn't peel your eyes away from him as you grabbed your cellphone. "I don’t care about Haruka finding out." You flipped it open, not yet pulling away from his glare.