02. Shadows in the Abyss

Start from the beginning

"What did you-?!" Aimy cut off his words by covering his mouth.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh pretty puppy... keep quiet..." Aimy took advantage of the fact that the man was tall and of thick build to use him as a shield and, by the way, as a hiding place. "Be still and quiet, you look better that way."

"Son of a-!!"

"Hold it right there! My mother could be anything but a whore. So cut the shit right there. Wait- AUCH!!! What's wrong with you?!" The dog man had bitten her hand. And her squeal was enough to make the mobsters turn to look. "YOU'RE A-! THAT HURT!!! BAD DOG! You won't get away with this dickhead, did you hear me?! I'll search heaven and earth for you, I swear of god damn it!!" She put her heel back on as fast as she had taken it off and ran again.

"STOP THAT BITCH!" Shouted the gang leader. "Which way did she go?! Speak now." The shark pointed the cannon barrel at him, but the dog didn't need any intimidation to point to the alley where she ran off.

"FUCK YOU!!" An amused silly voice was heard in the distance.

Two fucking HOURS she'd been scouring the whole city looking for a hiding place. But fuck, these people were managing to catch up to her even when she should have the advantage because she could fly freely without wings on her back.

"Run, run, run... Where can I hide, where can I hide?" Aimy braked for just a few seconds, his antennae moving from left to right, locating an escape route. "Come on, come on..."

"There she is! Catch the flying bitch!!!!"

"Oh gosh... don't they get tired of running?! I am fucked." In an instant, her instincts went on high alert, raising her antennae skyward, when the imminent huge danger of ending up turned into a snack presented itself as she caught sight of an extraordinarily large man descending from the roof. "BY SATAN-"

With a thunderous 'Whee!' from the fat shark, it was Aimy's cue to leap toward the road. Lying on her back with her head to the front, she pulled herself up with the help of her elbows, her heart was about to burst out of her chest from beating so fast.

A soft, warm, slimy feeling under her feet, along with the smell of fish, made the stomach flow burn her throat. "YUCK, YUCK, YUCK." Aimy kicked the caesars that fell on top of her legs and crawled backwards as she wiped away the remains of the man that splattered around her. The feathers on her head ruffled, detecting the ominous rumble of an approaching car, with the gas pedal pressed to the metal. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH EVERYONE TODAY?!" Once again, she had to spring into action, narrowly avoiding the disaster of ending up dismembered by four worn tires.

And Aimy was up again, after being up all night running from the Mafia Sharks. Aimy swerved sharply and narrowly dodged the claws of his pursuers as they stumbled over their own feet, momentarily disoriented by the swift action. The flickering lights of a nearby streetlight illuminated Aimy's tense expression as she ducked back into a recessed alleyway, both antennae quivering with nerves. She had to grip them tightly to keep them from wobbling, seeking some comfort as this ended.

She heard bustle nearby, so she surely ran in circles again, ending up back in the same district, it was nowhere near her house. In the shadows, she leaned against a brick wall, chest heaving. The silence that followed was eerie, almost suffocating.

She sharpened her hearing and caught the distant murmur of frustrated voices as she realized they had lost her for the moment. The gang leader threw the gun to the ground in frustration."Which way did she go?" he grabbed one of his subordinates by the shirt collar.

"I don't know! She just disappeared...!"

"Then what good are you damn 'roaches?!" The shark stretched out his sharp fingers and immediately cut off the other's scream, letting blood stain his suit. "The boss won't take it well that we've lost that bitch of a new one... Hurry up you damn leeches!!! That witch couldn't have run far!!!"