"I also happen to be looking for a groom for my exceptional grand daughter, Lord Chandra" Narendra said and put away his wine glass. Lord Chandra nodded, acknowledging that Manasa was indeed exceptional.

"True Your Highness. But it's a shame that these two exceptional people don't suit each other. After all, if the royal family and the military family joins hands, who knows who will collapse first. Hahahaha.." Lord Chandra commented and looked at the old man.

"Why do you think so, Lord Chandra? This kingdom doesn't have any princes. The next heir to the throne will be the son of my granddaughter. How about you stop thinking about providing protect to us and instead start thinking is as providing both power and military strength to your future grandson?"

Lord Chandra fell silent hearing the former king's words. Of course he knew about this. But only a fool would trust the words of this cunning old man.

------------

"Princess please. Don't go out tonight. I heard few maids in the kitchen about the guests today. It seems they were here to talk about your marriage. Your grandfather might summon you later to talk about this." Manasa's maid, Latha started warning her not to sneak out again.

Manasa sighed hearing her maid rambling. She didn't want to know anything about the talks going on. She just needed to spend some time alone, doing what her heart wanted to do.

"Just sleep and everything will be fine. I will return early" Manasa said and sneaked out again. She was more cautious today since she was aware of her grandfather keeping tabs on her.

-------------

"Anna.. Atu vellali ante entha ivvali?" (Brother.. How much does it cost to reach the opposite bank?)A fat man asked Avyukt who was waiting for Manasa on his newly purchased boat.

Avyukt eyed the fatty and the group of men behind him and ignored them. This boat was exclusively reserved for him and his Manasa.

"Anna.. Ninne" (Brother... I am talking to you?) The man called him again.

"Tch.. I am not accepting any customers today. Go.. Go away." Avyukt shooed the men away before they could crowd the place. Manasa might not come if she sees the crowd.

Avyukt was throwing pebbles into the river out of boredom when he heard a soft voice calling him. The voice he was craving to here since the morning.

"Sir.. Is the boat not available today?" Manasa asked when she neared Avyukt. She had heard few men talking about how the boat man sent them away.

"Uhh.. N-No.. I mean Y-Yes.. I-I mean the boat is now okay and r-ready for use." Avyukt wanted to slap himself with his own shoe for stuttering so badly. First impression is the last impression. And he just made a blasting first impression.

Manasa looked into his eyes for few good seconds, as if to see his intentions. When she felt that the man didn't have any ill intentions, she climbed on the boat. She was slightly surprised by the soft cushion pinned to the hard wooden seat.

She raised an eyebrow questioningly at Avyukt.

"Passenger Comfort" Avyukt replied, inwardly feeling happy that Manasa recognized his effort. He giggled inwardly and thought about making another good impression.

The boat soon reached the middle of the river in silence. Manasa was still covering her face, but her eyes were expressive and they explored the beauty of the night to the fullest, making Avyukt jealous of the moon and the stars.

"Ahem.. Mam. You dropped this ring in the boat yesterday." Avyukt said and handed her a golden ring with a peacock feather designed in the middle.

Manasa immediately checked her finger and realized that she had indeed lost her ring. Not that it would make any loss. She had so many rings in her jewellery. But she still appreciated the sincerity of the boat man who choose to return a golden ring instead of stealing it.

"Thank you so much" Manasa said and smiled slightly, making the corner of her eyes curve upwards. She took the ring from him and happily put it back on her finger. Little did she know that it was Avyukt himself who stole it yesterday when she paid him the fare. And the prince slash thief had also etched his name in the back of the ring which the innocent girl didn't even notice.

 And the prince slash thief had also etched his name in the back of the ring which the innocent girl didn't even notice