Chapter 19 - Takeshiro Tanaka...

Start from the beginning

Salvatore: I'm Salvatore Smith, can I know who you are and what you are doing in my house?

Takeshiro Tanaka: Mr Smith, my name is Takeshiro Tanaka. Fumiko was my daughter. I am sure that you heard about me from Fumiko. Kenshiro is my heir.

Salvatore: I heard about you... but it doesn't explain your presence here and now.

Takeshiro Tanaka: That child is my... grandchild, isn't it normal for me to come here to bring her home?

Dante: What joke...

Dante and Gianni were standing behind their father and the second son couldn't avoid to make a comment with a chuckle. Dante knew the truth about Fumiko and her family's relationship. He heard her when she told everything to her father at the hospital. How her father tried to force a marriage with Salvatore to link their mafia's families. That was the reason she hid Suki's birth.

Salvatore: Suki's home is here. We are her family. I am her father.

Takeshiro Tanaka: You never knew she exists before few weeks. You never provided anything for her or my daughter. (His tone was calm, but his words were hurtful for Salvatore and Suki.)

Salvatore: You, neither! (He almost yelled of frustration.)

Gabriel: Our father has the legal custody of Suki. So, there is nothing to discuss here.

Kenshiro Tanaka: (In Japanese.) Those men are stubborn.

Davide: I already told you to speak English!

Kenshiro Tanaka : Mr Smith, we can maybe have a discussion only between us. There is topic that children mustn't listen to.

Salvatore quickly looked at his daughter and nodded to Gianni. The young man understood his father's request. He approached Suki and Gabriel and the eldest son lightly pushed Suki's back to let her leave with their brother. The little girl looked at him and he lightly smiled. Gianni put his hand on Suki's shoulder and guided her to the library. She wanted to stay in the room and know the truth, but it was clear that the adults didn't want to. Theyentered the library and Suki was expecting to stay alone but Gianni closed thedoor and sat on the armchair.

Suki: Gianni...

Gianni: Sit and take a book to read or something...

Suki: Father... he will not send me with them... (She was pleading him with her eyes.)

Gianni: Are you that stupid? You didn't hear him? You really think that he can send away one of his kids? Even more, a weak and frail one like you?! After almost fighting with his own sons to keep you here?!

The little girl had the feeling to be scolded once again by one of her brothers because of her assumptions. 

Suki: Sorry...

Gianni: You never heard about that old man before? Your mother really never said anything to you about her own parents?

Suki: No, I asked her once, but she said to have no family, that's all.

I... I don't want to go... with them... the second man is scary...

Gianni: Humph... scarier than Davide, Vito... or me?