Chapter 6

As the last notes of the final song faded into the hum of the crowd, I stepped off the stage, my heart pounding in my chest

As the last notes of the final song faded into the hum of the crowd, I stepped off the stage, my heart pounding in my chest. My fingers ached from hours of playing the guitar, but the rush of adrenaline was enough to keep me going. I turned to my best friends, Kyson, Rowan, and Vaughnn and shared a smile.

"That was fucking amazing," Rowan cheered, his Irish accent thick as ever. "You guys really killed it tonight."

I nodded in agreement, grinning back at him. "Thanks, man. You too."

I glanced over at Kyson, who was already making his way through the crowd toward the exit. He'd gone back to Felicity's apartment earlier than us, to surprise his girlfriend after the gig. I figured I'd give him a little time to himself before I went over there.

After saying my goodbyes to the rest of the band and a few fans, I made my way out of the club and into the cool night air. The city lights cast a warm glow on the sidewalk as I started walking toward Felicity's place.

As I rounded the corner, I couldn't help but feel a jolt of excitement when I saw Kyson's bike leaned against the fire hydrant, just outside our apartment building. He must be inside already. I quickened my pace, eager to see how they were doing.

Felicity's apartment was always a welcome sight, the soft glow of lights spilling out onto the sidewalk. The sound of laughter and music drifted through the open window, mingling with the chatter of the few people still milling about on the street below. I rapped my knuckles against the door, a nervous habit I'd picked up from Kyson.

"Love, who is it?" I heard Felicity's voice inside.

"It's just me. Let me in..." I called out, grinning as I heard footsteps approaching from within. The door swung open, revealing Kyson with a mischievous glint in his eye. He took one look at my face and smirked.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up."

I rolled my eyes, pushing past him and stepping inside. The apartment was small, but cozy. Felicity had decorated it with tasteful artwork and plants, creating a welcoming atmosphere. When Felicity saw me, her face lit up, and gestured for me to come to where they were seated. I only noticed she has a guest. It was a girl and her back was facing me but she seemed awfully....familiar.

"Quick! Come here. I'd like to introduce you to someone," Felicity said to me as she stood up and then looked at her guest.