21. Dress up!

Gaz quickly eats breakfast and me and soap ready the Jeep, heating it up from the cool air and throwing the cover over.

   Gaz practically has to roll out the door. I don't know how late this man was up last night but it was clearly too long because he looked to be on the verge of passing out at any moment.

   Gaz hops into the driver's seat and we all buckle up to go. I look over and notice Soap holding a small mug in his hand with steam coming off of it.

   "thought you could use a coffee Kyle." soap says cheerfully.

   Gaz doesn't wait another second before launching his hand forward yanking the hot mug out of soap hands making some splash on him earning a hiss of pain from soap. Kyle chugs the burning hot liquid in a matter of seconds before sinking back into his seat and groaning. he tosses the mug back to soap and shoots up in his seat starting the engine looks way more energized than before.

   I giggle looking at the newfound energy Gaz has as he starts speeding down the road in the direction of town.

   About 20 minutes into the car ride of me looking out the window at the passing trees mountains and fields I start to zone out. a while later which I assumed had been around a half hour I noticed we'd pulled up to a nice little mall with dozens of people walking around it.

   I jumped off the side of the jeep with soap catching me by my side and wrapping an arm around me. I lean into his shoulder as the 3 of us make our way into the mall.

   "aye, what about this one princess?"

  I look into the direction soap is pointing and see a store with some beautiful flowy gowns. I step into the shop and wander around for a bit.

    "Y/n come look at this!" gaz shouts.

  I walk to where. I hear his voice and he's pointing at a nice short black dress.

  "It's pretty gaz, but I was thinking something more yellow like the theme of the party is supposed to be."

  Gaz just rolls his eyes and keeps looking.

  around 15 minutes later I have a handful of around 3 different dresses to try on. I make my way to the changing rooms and put the first one on. it was. a simple short yellow dress like the black one Gaz found but I thought it was too simple and Soap agreed. the second one was a poofy yellow dress but the colors were way too bright and it looked more like something I'd wear to a ball. the third one was my favorite but the problem was it was way too short and you could practically see my butt if I bent over. soap didn't seem to mind but. I sure as hell did.

   I was at a loss. I had looked at almost every dress in the shop and none seemed to quite fit the look I was going for. 

   As we were walking out I noticed one more dress hanging on a rack in the far back corner. it looked yellow so I walked up and picked it up. 

  I was amazed. it was exactly what I had been looking for! a light yellow color that was long and had lace. not too simple and not too fancy but it looked perfect for the event.

   I ran into the dressing room before Soap and Gaz could even process what I had just found and threw the yellow dress on. it fit my curves perfectly and looked absolutely stunning.

   I went to the counter with the dress and rang it up for 165$. a little over half of my budget but I still had enough for heels and makeup. 

   I went into a store nearby and bought some yellow heels in the same color before going to the makeup aisle to grab and a few things that would make my features really pop. 

  I grabbed some foundation, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick in a really cute pink color and some black eyeshadow.

  I went to check out when I noticed one more thing. it was a gorgeous gold necklace with a small heart locket on it. I had just enough money for it and slipped it into the bag with the rest of my items.

   Soap and Gaz both seemed worn out and ready to head back which I didn't blame them considering we had been walking around looking into shops for almost 3 hours now at ass o clock in the morning.

  We all hopped back into the jeep and made our way back to base to get ready for our long, stressful, upcoming mission.

800 Words

Sorry kinda boring chapter lol.