rosey dinner. (nickloon)

NICKEL POV -

"I look stupid." I thought, waiting for balloons arrival as i sat in the sheltered area of the restaurant. Of course i scheduled our first date on the rainiest day of the week, why wouldnt i? I couldve picked any other day–
"Nickel!" my head flew up as i heard my name being called, it was balloon. He was sprinting towards me, each footstep of his splashing in a puddle of water.
"Hey, buddy." he said, trying to catch his breath. balloons soft expression is heartwarming at the most, his slight smile makes my heart skip multiple beats.
"Hey," I mumbled, looking up at balloon. "Sorry about the weather, i didnt plan ahead."
"Its fine, im just glad im here with you."
I grin slightly before clearing my throat and signaling us to go into the restaurant.

3RD PERSON POV -

They took a seat at a small booth, deciding what to eat.
"You look very fancy." Nickel giggled.
"I cant tell if youre messing with me or not at this point," balloon expressed. "But, thank you. You dont look too bad yourself." Nickel snickers, resting his face on the palm of his hand and staring directly at balloon. Hes so fucking in love.
The waitress arrives at their table, waiting for their order. Nickel orders a grilled mushroom hamburger, while balloon orders spaghetti with a side of salad. Balloon finished ordering and turned to nickel, giving him a smile that showed off his obvious tooth-gap.
"I like your teeth." Nickel blurted out, not knowing how awkward that sounded.
Balloon giggled, "My teeth? Thats an odd compliment, but ill take it."
"y'know what i meant." Balloon took out his pocket-sized notebook and handed it to nickel. He raised an eyebrow and gently grabbed the notebook.
"Its my poems," balloon explained. "i want to share it with you." He smiled as nickel flipped throughout the notebook, reading each page.

BALLOON POV -

I cant help but to fidget with my fingers as nickel glanced at each page.
"Dude, these are amazing!" He exclaimed, handing me back my notebook. My face got hot.
"Aw, im glad you like it."
"What caused you to start poetry anyway?" Nickel asked, genuinely interested. I ranted and talked about my passion about poetry for hours it felt like, but it was only 5 minutes. The waitress came back with our food, Nickel immediately starting to inhale it.
For about an hour it seemed like, nickel and i talked. The waitress came back with our bill for the food.
"are we splitting the bill?" i asked nickel, who was reaching in his pockets for his wallet.
"Yea, sure. How much is it?"
"62.50$" i replied. Nickel set down 31.25$ on the table, i did the same after a couple minutes of digging for my wallet. I sat up from my seat, holding out my hand for nickel. He took my hand and stood up.
"What a gentleman you are." He giggled.
"Why thank you, my dear." We held hands until we got outside the restaurant.
"That was wonderful, Nickel." I said before bending down and kissing him on the forehead. He stood there, completely frozen.
"ill see you later!" I ran off to my car, waving my hand to nickel as he held the spot i kissed.
"Bye.." He mumbled, completely flustered.
---------------------
IM VERY PROUD OF THIS💕💕
ALSO IM SORRY IF THIS IS CONFUSING WITH ALL THE TOPIC CHANGES..