Twenty-two : Worry Worry

A day has finally accomplished as soon as Lucas arrives home, a smile on his face when he sees the lights of the house are on. It was a sign that Athanasia had got home before him which brought an excitement in his heart, reminding how much he wanted to see her after a whole day of not seeing each other.

Funny, how just one day that it makes Lucas go all crazy wanting for his wife's presence.

He opened the door, and the first thing he saw was Athanasia's coat and bag on the sofa. He tilted his head when there was no one watching a show in the living room. Usually, Athanasia would stay and camp there until Lucas comes back to cook them dinner. He found it weird that the blonde was not there to greet him.

A sigh escaped his lips as he picked up Athanasia's things and decided to walk upstairs before contemplating what they would eat for tonight. Lucas thought that Athanasia must be tired of whatever stuff she did at Helena's place.

Right, he wanted to ask what happened on Helena's side. He chuckled at the thought knowing that Athanasia would definitely be curious about Zain's side. He cannot wait to spend a whole night satisfying her favorite cup of tea.

“I'm home,” Lucas announced as he opened the door that led to Athanasia's room after knocking. He immediately paused when there was no one in the room. Athanasia's room was completely tidy as if no one had dared to lie down on her bed, not even her closet opened.

There was not a single trace of Athanasia in the room.

Which brought a heavy lump on his throat, his heart started to harden as if it stopped beating.

Dropping Athanasia's things on the floor, Lucas came running around the house, calling for his wife's name. He opened every door in the house, in hopes that she was only playing with him. Just a small prank that he will surely scold her for giving him the scare of his life.

In the end, Athanasia was nowhere to be found in the house. Her voice wasn't heard. Nor did her presence feel like she was home. But only her coat and her bag were left on the floor.

Lucas found his heart started beating rapidly as sweat trickled down to his chin, creating a small puddle just close to his feet. He could hear him panting heavily as he stood in the middle of the entrance hall of the house. All lost as he felt himself looking like an abandoned kid.

But Athanasia wouldn't dare and leave him without a word, right? After everything she said to him, even admitting that she likes him; there was no way that she would just run away from all of that. Athanasia isn't that heartless. Even though she hated him when they were kids, she would still offer her kindness towards him, lending out a hand that sends him a reminder, a message, “I'm here.”

But where?

Where is that hand right now?

Lucas cannot afford himself to lose hope. Not until everything that he has gone through.

He pushed Athanasia enough for him to contain his strong feelings towards her. And she kept pulling him back. That he has a place to love her with all of his heart. And that stops him from running away, showing her the every being of his heart, even the broken parts. Athanasia brought him back to her, and he will not let her leave him alone after that.

In fact, he will continue chasing her.

Lucas immediately reached for his pockets to take his phone to call her number. He waited and waited as he walked back and forth around the house. Call after call after call and after call, Athanasia didn't respond. Another heartbreak to Lucas.

Realizing that he could not get ahold of her, he began running to take his keys and finally using the car that their parents gave on their wedding day – if you can even call that day a wedding – and rushed to the road with a place in mind to ruin someone's night.