1| "𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦"

Start from the beginning

"Woah, Angel! What's wrong?" She asks, reaching for his shoulder. Angel Dust sneers and swats her hand away.

"I'll tell ya what's wrong— Y/N is! This is Valentino's fuckin' dog!" He spits out venomously, making an attempt to get past Charlie to get to you, but she doesn't budge. "What, did he tell you to come get me, huh?"

"Hey, hey!" She pleads, grabbing the biceps of his upper pair of arms. "You should be supporting each other! You're both here to redeem yourselves, and you can bond over your shared experience—"

Angel Dust shakes his head and pushes Charlie off of him with his bottom pair of arms. "I don't have no shared experiences with this bitch. I'm tellin' ya, doll face, Y/N isn't looking for "redemption." They're a goddamn whore for Val." He forces his way back over to you and gets up into your face, glaring at you with hatred. "I'm tellin' ya right now. I'm not goin' back, so you might as well give up before you embarrass yourself."

You blink, then smile sweetly, tilting your head to one side. "I'm here to redeem myself, Angel. If you can work on yourself here, why can't I? No ulterior motives," You insist, lying through your teeth with the most honest of grins. "I promise." You reach out a hand for him to shake. "Truce?"

"Your "promises" don't mean shit to me." Angel Dust spits back, smacking your hand away from him. "You lost that privelage a long fuckin' time ago."

With that, he storms upstairs, leaving Charlie baffled. When she recovers, she quickly clears her throat and rushes over to you, smiling. "Hey, I'm so, so, so sorry about Angel! I'm sure you two will work it out, and whatever happened in the past doesn't matter anymore, okay? You're here to improve, and that's all that matters!"

She grabs your hand, pulling you excitedly toward the stairs that her back is facing. "Let me show you around—" She cuts herself off with a gasp when she backs into the tall, lean figure of a red haired demon standing in front of the steps. "Oh! Alastor! Sorry!"

"Not a problem, my dear!" The demon, Alastor, exclaims with a seemingly permanent grin on his face. His voice hurts your ears, a strange static effect lacing each word he speaks. "I simply wanted to meet our new guest! Hello there, I am Alastor, the host of this fine hotel!"

He cocks his head to side and reaches for your hand, shaking it firmly. Your stomach churns but you force another of your signature smiles onto your lips. "It's so nice to meet you! I'm Y/N—"

"Oh, I know." Alastor interrupts, his smile widening as his eyes narrow and his voice seems to be amplified. But then, just as fast as it had came, the sinister tone is gone and he's back to his perky self. "Our charming Angel has brought you up a few times before!"

"Oh, good things I hope?" You ask, despite knowing full well that there's not a single word Angel Dust could possibly speak of you.

Alastor hesitates, before skipping over your question. "Anyway! Charlie, my dear, why don't you go inform the others of our new guest? I'd be glad to take the tour over from here!"

"Oh that's not really—" Charlie begins, but Alastor interrupts her.

"Nonsense! I don't mind at all! Come along, now!" Alastor boasts proudly, grabbing your wrist and pulling you up the stairs.

Every step you take feels robotic, and your heart pounds so hard against your ribs that you're almost positive that Alastor can hear it. As you walk alongside him and he formally explains the features of the hotel, you take the chance to inspect him. He's tall— certainly taller than you— and that permanent smile gives you a consistent sinking feeling in your gut.