Chapter 2 : Detention

Start from the beginning

Her mischievous smile turned into a pout. "Well, that's no fun. I was hoping for some thrilling secret romance or clandestine adventures."

She puts more food in her mouth, savoring the flavors dancing on her taste buds. As she chews, her excitement bubbles up, making it difficult to contain. Swallowing hastily, she looks at her friend pleadingly and exclaims, "Please, I want to meet him !" she exclaimed, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Well you're in luck," She responded smiling, matching her excitement. "His coming tomorrow, for the weekend."

Her eyes widened with delight, and a joyful gasp escaped her lips. The news was like music to her ears, and Ariel couldn't help but feel a surge of happiness myself.

●●--●●

At the end of the day, AJ text Ellie, her little sister, that she will be late tonight because she have detention for two hours and she felt a mix of guilt and frustration. She knew that her sister must be disappointed, as they had planned to watch a movie together. However, she couldn't avoid the consequences of her actions.

They make their way to detention with zero motivation. As they enter the dull and lifeless classroom, the weight of regret settles on Ariel's shoulders. The teacher, Mrs. Garden, sits behind her desk, her stern gaze fixed upon them.
She motions for them to take their seats, and we reluctantly comply.

The room is filled with an air of silent resignation as they prepare themselves for a long and tedious detention. She glance at some of her classmates, noticing the fatigue and frustration etched on their faces.

Bianca and Ariel make their way to the empty chairs, way back in the class but Ms. Garden stops them in their tracks. Her stern voice cuts through the air, catching them off guard. "Oh no. Miss Grimes, go seat over there," she commands, pointing towards the front row.

They exchange glances, a mixture of surprise and disappointment evident on their faces. She turned to look at the teacher. "We never sit far away from each other," she says confidently, hoping she lets them sit together.

"You go sit there," she points the same chair.

Ariel nod, understanding though a pang of sadness creeps into her heart. "Alright, I guess I'll go sit there then," she say, mustering a smile to mask her disappointment.

As she make her way towards the designated chair, her mind races with thoughts of not being able to sit next to her best friend. They always shared laughter and whispered secrets during classes, and the thought of being separated feels like a loss.

Taking a deep breath, she settle into the chair, glancing over at Bianca from across the room. Their eyes meet, and a shared understanding passes between them. Though physically apart, their connection remains unbreakable.

Ms.Garden explains the rules of the detention. Her stern gaze swept across the room, making sure every students was paying attention. "Detention is a time for reflection, a chance for you to think about the choices you've made and the consequences they carry."

She paused for a moment, allowing her words to sink in before continuing. "During this period, you are expected to complete any unfinished assignments or catch up on missed work. There will be no distractions, no socializing, and absolutely no talking."