Chapter 16: Escaping

Sally woke to the incessant screaming of Clara and Violea. They were yelling insults at Tyler even though he was too far away to hear them. Sally's body ached and the visions she had seen the night before flashed in front of her eyes. She shuddered, pushing them into the recesses of her mind. Sally slowly and cautiously opened her eyes. She lay curled in a ball in the middle of the cell. Ali sat to her right, leaning against the wall with her legs tucked into her chest and hugging them as if they were the only solid thing in the world. Kate was at the back of the cell, her legs crossed and staring straight ahead muttering incoherent words. The three girls in the cell on their left were having some sort of argument on how they could of single handily defeated Tyler.

Just as Sally turned to look at them, Nancy yelled at Sonya. "You could of done something, instead, you left me to do everything!" Nancy was violently waving her hands about as if that would somehow prove her point. Although, in actual  fact, it made her look like a deranged bird miserably attempting to fly.

"Ha!" Sonya replied, "You did everything? You did nothing! I  was working on a plan but I was too busy getting electrocuted and spinning in the air to do anything about it!" Sonya had now joined in with the hand waving and they were both having some kind of wave off. The next few minutes were filled with Clara and Violea's screams as well as the swishing about of Sonya and Nancy's arms. Nancy would gesture violently with her hands and then Sonya would. It soon become one long conversation of hand gesturing. It was extremely confusing to watch, but Sonya and Nancy seemed to know exactly what was going on. Sally tried to contain her laughter but failed miserably. Sonya would flap her hands about and then Nancy would gasp in despair then flail her hands about causing Sonya to be offended.

"Ok, if you were working on a plan what was it, hmm? Perhaps we could use it to get out of this stupid cell?" Nancy accusingly replied.

"Um, hmm, maybe not... it's not really good," Sonya replied hesitantly, looking down at the floor and rubbing the back of her neck. Her strawberry blond hair fell down across her face obscuring her vision as well as her expression. 

"Oh, you didn't have a plan, did you? I thought so." Nancy turned away from Sonya in a huff,  so that her back was facing Sonya.

"Humph," Sonya replied mockingly, copying Nancy.

"Copy cat," Nancy muttered.

"Am not!" Sonya yelled.

"Be quiet!!" Milly screamed, who up to this point, had been standing between the two trying to get a word in, but failing repeatedly, "Move on, please, just get off your high horses already and accept that neither of you could've of done anything in this situation because you were preoccupied."

"Fine," Nancy and Sonya replied in unison, "but I'm not talking to her!" They yelled pointing at the other and turning away from each other again.

Sally rolled her eyes, "Well, that's just childish," she thought, looking over at Ali.

"Morning, sunshine," Ali said halfheartedly.

"Good morning," Sally replied.

"It's definitely not a good morning," Ali chuckled, but the laughter fled from her face as quickly as it had arrived. She reached over to give Sally a hand in sitting up. Sally was grateful for the help as she didn't think she would of been able to get up otherwise. It seemed as if her whole body was screeching in agony. She winced.

"It's ok," Ali said in response, "it'll pass. We all woke up like that."

"Good, I wouldn't want to be the odd one out," Sally joined Ali at the wall, sitting in the same position. The two sat in silence for awhile staring at the floor.