“thank y–

“Call me as soon as you land! A-and as soon as you're back in the village! Make sure you take the daily vitamins and–” varin was suddenly cut off as Zena came over and grabbed him by the ear. 

“enough she's not a child. You keep yapping and she’s gonna jump in the pod before you can even say bye!”

I giggled and looked at Zena with a smile. “don't worry about him, I'll make sure he stays out of trouble.” 

I nodded “thank you.” 

With one last hug we said our goodbyes and I boarded the ship with the admiral. Once the bay door closed and we took off I took a deep breath. It's happening. I'm actually going back…

I pulled out the map and checked to see how far I would drop from the village. They tried to get me as close as possible without putting me in any unknown or dangerous territories but I would still have quite a walk back, and unfortunately it's night time.

The pod's landing should scare off any dangerous wildlife so as long as I watch my footing And take care I shouldn't have any issue getting there.

Looking towards the storage compartment I debated on taking everything with me or waiting. Would it be safer for me to wait until I can bring someone back to help me carry it all? Varin is gonna have a fit if I don't call him.

It didn't take long for the ship to reach the upper atmosphere. I watched as two soldiers prepared the pod and opened it up for me before standing off to the side waiting for me to step In. a sense of de-ja-vu hit me as I looked into the empty pod.

Composing myself the best I could I climbed inside and The two soldiers quickly checked to make sure everything was secure. “One last thing before you leave…” The admiral stepped forward and handed me a small box. 

Curious, I took the gift and opened it. My eyes widened as I saw its contents. A familiar pendant lay inside of the box waiting to be activated. 

“I hope the next time we meet will not be under such dire circumstances as before… but until that day comes I wish you and Your family a happy and prosperous life.”

“Thank you admiral.” I gave him a sad smile and he nodded. The pod door closed and I relaxed, taking deep Breaths to prepare for the drop. This time around it was so much different than when I was first dropped. I didn't dread it, I anticipated it. I wasn't scared, I was relieved. With a smile I put the necklace on and activated it.

I could already imagine walking into the village and seeing everyone happily lounging around outside by the bonfire. I could imagine the boys playing with nezu, elazar and Kora sitting together, and azriel.

He would Be standing by the fire with his arms crossed and an indifferent look in his eyes as he watched everyone. But once he saw me?...

I smiled and closed my eyes. The pod shook slightly and I felt it detach From the ship. First came the feeling of it floating then came the feeling of us falling. I braced myself, taking the gods that I told them that the pod needed more padding inside. 

Everything shook and trembled As I kept my eyes squeezed shut waiting for it to end. Only this time I was ready.

I yelped as the pod finally hit the ground, the crash jolting my body harshly. By the time I came to I wasn't sure how much time had passed and I couldn't see anything because the interior lights had gone out. I Wouldn't be able to open the pod until it cooled off outside enough to not burn me so I was stuck there for the time being. Lying back I decided to just close my eyes and wait.