His company? The Second of the Lan Clan, the legendary Zewu-jun, the man who not once, but twice let Jiang Cheng off for his behaviour, enjoyed his company? 

Jiang Cheng's skin only got redder.

The young boy looked back at him from the corner of his eye and smiled. 

And so here he is, sitting at a jade table, staring at the man across from him.

And what a sight to behold. The man looked back at him with clear auburn(ORBS)eyes that sparkled with the sun. His hair was open today, gently cascading down his back like water down a stream. His skin was glowing, his features sharper in the direct sun, and his lips were curved upwards in a tender smile. He looked perfect with the scenery of the distant mountains behind him. 

Perfect.

"Wanyin, is something the matter? You can't seem to take your eyes off of me. Is there something on my face?"(Well played, Lan Xichen, Well played.)

Jiang Cheng flushed at being called out so suddenly. "N-no, nothing. You...look nice," he said, turning redder and redder with each word.

Lan Xichen's smile only grew. "Thank you. You do as well. You seem paler than usual, however. Are you getting enough sleep?"

Jiang Cheng paused in his attemp to skewer a piece of broccoli on his fork(or whatever the hell they used back then, besides chopsticks). Did he really? And how observant Lan Xichen must be to notice. Or perhaps it was just because he payed special attention to Jiang Cheng.

Shut up, Jiang Cheng! He just has trained eyes. 

However, Lan Xichen was not wrong in his aspects. Jiang Cheng, in fact, could not sleep properly. He was having an increasingly uncomfortable amount of nightmares. So much so that sometimes he even woke Wei Wuxian up, which is near to impossible, with his cries. 

"Well, yes, I'm afraid I haven't been able to sleep much," Jiang Cheng spoke.

"Is it the nightmares?" Lan Xichen asked, clear worry in his eyes.

What? How did Lan Xichen know about them? He doesn't remember telling hi-

"You seem conflicted," Lan Xichen continued, "Is something the matter?" He repeated.

"Yes, something is the matter. Actually, er-I had a nightmare." 

Oh. Right.

Jiang Cheng's eyes averted. 

"Ahaha, haha, haha, ha...um, yeah..."

Lan Xichen looked...frustrated? Did he say something wrong?

"But, um, it's getting better, so..." Jiang Cheng nodded his head and grinned. He then proceeded to feel the most embarrassed he had ever felt in his whole life, and just picked his fork back up and ate his food, eyes averted.

"I see. Well, if you...if you like, we could...talk?" Lan Xichen spoke up.

Jiang Cheng blinked. "What?"

"Oh, well, if you're...comfortable, that is..."

"..."

Jiang Cheng flushed. What was WITH this man?! Why was he so concerned about him? Him? Jiang Cheng? The one nobody, not even his own father, worried about this much? What exactly did he do?