Chapter 7- The Sleep deprived hunter

At first light the following day, the sullies woke to see everyone in the small village rushing around gathering warm hide blankets, Gathering  Hivippa kxet meat, and other such supplies. Jake Sully went to ask the tashík (Maia) what was going on.

"Winter. The dark half approaches." Maia told him. Winter. In Iceland's of pandora, At the beginning of winter, the sun sets and doesn't rise again until later, in spring.

The sullies hear a horn blow and in rides a large hunting party on massive ice lepord- esque creatures. Those must be Swizawintxuri, neteyam supposes. One is bloodied and behind all the Swizawintxuri, are dragged many Hivippa kxet. The second hunter jumps from his mount, holding a bloodied y/n. Her mother, the tashík, quickly has her carried off to the healers tent while the Olo'eyktan asks the hunter who had been carrying her what happened.

The hunter explains "it was a Terok awnew (hidden beast), it was hiding amongst the snows... Huge beast, terrifying. We managed to scare it off, but not before it wounded Y/n. She was exhausted from all the late night hunts to make up supplies for winter, and with the training. She didn't see it coming. Another scar for her collection..."

Lila looks concerned, but tells the sully children that today's training will be cancelled, and they could do whatever, as long as they stay out of trouble... Little did the sullies know just how hard that would be...