7. Little brother

Start from the beginning

"I should ignore her then. Also...Astra-.."

I shot him an annoyed glare.

"-I mean..Astrid, do you want to walk with me?"

"Sure. Don't think of it as anything though."

"Sure." He smiled. His smile was calm and pure. It felt like my worries were gone once I looked at his smile.

Hold up, I'm not gonna have a dumb love story..again!

He gave me his hand and I grabbed it and got up, dusting away any dirt on my uniform.

Leo's POV:

I was walking down the path in the school's garden when I saw the fountain in the center.

It was astonishing with it's shiny, crystal waters flowing down.

On the top, was a small white bird statue. I looked down at the gorgeous flowers. There were Pollies, Tulips, Roses and Opales.

I saw a purple Polly that caught my eye. I picked it up and twirled it in my hand.

I started walking further down the path and saw a girl fall. I had seen that girl talk to my idiot brother not long ago. I think he called her..what was it..Astrat?

I approached her but before I could, I decided that it would be fun to play a small trick on her.

I hid behind the tree from which she had crashed into.

"Ouch. You stupid tree!" The girl mumbled, her eyes closed. She had lavender hair and violet eyes.

It was Astrid Layts. I had recognized her face from the 'introduction board' down in the main hall.

This girl was stupid. Was she really talking to a tree? I laughed silently to myself.

I decided to play along. "I'm not sorry, Astrat." I replied, smirking from behind the tree.

"Oh come on! Does everyone now know that stupid nickname that stupid idiot Kenji gave me?!"

It was amusing to see her argue...with a tree. I'm amazed at her stupidity. Just how stupid can this girl get?

"Yeah, everyone knows. And there's no way to go back, Astrat." I held my laughter from behind the tree. I let out a small chuckle though. It was too much for me to contain.

I brushed my crimson hair back with my hand as I waited for her reply.

"Hmph..stupid tree."

"My name isn't tree, it's Leo." I revealed my name to her. I decided that if I was going to show myself to her then she should at least know my name.

"W-WHAT?! A tree...HAS A NAME?!" She freaked out. Don't people sometimes name trees? I mean, it is foolish but I guess I can understand. I once named a flower 'Cherilee'. It was the name of a girl I had met many years ago. She had lavender hair and violet eyes, just like Astrid, the girl who lay in front of the tree I was behind.

"Nope." I chuckled.

I then decided that it felt right to reveal myself. I stepped out from behind the tree, looking at the girl who lay in front of me.

She scooted away from me as if I was something to be afraid of. Which I am not, I think.

・ 

End of conversation (few minutes later) ~

She got up and walked beside me.

I smiled. The sun rays shined upon her as her beauty flourished. Beauty...I..must be delusional, right?

I've never complimented any girl before, even if it's just in my mind.

There was silence. Pure silence. If you think about it, silence is the most beautiful sound.

I decided to break this beautiful sound though.

"So..you almost fell for my brother?" I asked her, trying not to laugh at her face but I let out a small chuckle.

"Almost! It's almost! I almost did!! But I didn't!!" She replied, waving her hands around like a crazy person. Her face was red in embarrassment.

"Good thing you didn't though.." I suddenly blurted out. What did that mean? Why did I say that? It's as if my mouth just went against me and said that very concealed and hidden thing to her.

"Hmm? What's that supposed to mean?" She asked me, smiling while leaning her head back.

"I mean that..I just wouldn't want an ugly sister-in-law" I lied. I had to make an excuse to get out of this mess.

"I'm ugly? And Kenji and I are never getting married!! Ugh idiot!!" She smiled as she punched my shoulder softly.

Thank goodness she believed my obvious excuse. She really is stupid after all.

She suddenly turned around and the sun's rays of light shined on her face, embracing her eyes and its color.

That's when I realized...

I loved this girl.

————————————————————————-

-1339 words-