Fourteen

Over the next week after that fateful night, Aiden and I did our best to keep our relationship a secret, but in the early stages of a relationship, it was impossible to stay away from each other. When we weren't hanging out at the frat house or secretly hooking up in my dorm room, we were texting each other constantly.

We had even gone as far as to share a few photos when one couldn't handle not seeing the other. This was something I had never done before but the thrill of it was exciting, and I trusted Aiden enough to feel comfortable with the idea. Besides, having hot as fuck photos like that to look back on was mouthwatering and a great mood booster.

That didn't take away the anxiety of knowing someone could get a hold of them, or I could accidentally send one to my brother instead of Aiden, the terrible possibilities are endless. But the responses I got in return were more than worth it. Never had I felt more attractive and wanted before, and it wasn't just physical. Aiden had a way of looking at me that made me feel like he was looking through me and seeing me for all that I am, not just what was on the outside.

He made me feel like I was on top of the world in bed, but that was a whole other thing I wouldn't go into. Needless to say, I was the happiest I had ever been, and I prayed every day that nothing ruined this bliss.

This weekend was another frat party, the first one Aiden and I went to as a secret couple, and I was almost afraid to go. The only thing that pushed me was when Kendra mentioned that Leah was still pining after Aiden and was most likely going to show up at the frat party again. We never found out who told her about the bowling alley last time, but they swore up and down that it wasn't them.

It couldn't have been one of the guys, so that left me to think it really was Aiden. But why would he have called her, just to go home with me? It didn't make any sense and every time I had the chance to ask him about it, I chickened out, afraid that it would start a fight or worse, he would admit that he did invite her.

Aiden was picking me up so I made sure to dress my best and thanked the stars that Isabelle was out at a school rehearsal and wouldn't be back until much later, which also meant she wouldn't make the party and I could stay the night with Aiden once again.

The only problem there was making sure my brother didn't catch on or throw another fit about us sharing a room. Even though Aiden said he would sleep on the couch last time, as soon as Avery had disappeared into his room and his snores filled the house, he snuck back into bed with me, and we had one more round of fun before I woke up with the most painful ache in my entire body.

But the ache was proof that everything was real. I achieved what I only ever dreamed would happen, and I was so close to completely giving up on those feelings and dreams. I was convinced that Aiden would never see me as more than a little sister, when in fact he had always seen me as something more, I was just too naïve to notice. Isn't that how it always goes? One is too ignorant, and the other is too eager.

Speaking of eager, I was not eager for the frat party that night. I wasn't sure how Aiden and I were going to act around each other now that we had been secretly hooking up and attacking each other like animals the last time we were both drunk. There was the option of pacing myself, but Kendra and Kinsley were going to be there, and they had the tendency of peer pressure.

I got the text from Aiden that he was waiting outside, and my heart soared. I thought I was happy when I saw Jacob, but I was merely giddy over going on a date with him. I felt like I was about to burst at the seams with joy just from the thought of seeing Aiden.

"Wow, you look amazing, as always," he said as he opened the truck door for me. Before I could climb in, he hugged me against his chest and planted a sloppy kiss on my lips.