Nine

**WARNING. This chapter includes scenes of attempted sexual assault and may be triggering to some readers. Readers are advised.***

The first half of the party was amazing, I almost forgot that I was at a completely different house, and I wasn't back at my brother's. Jake was nice enough to ask what I drank and got me a case of twisted tea in advance, which allowed me to quickly let loose and forget all the drama between Aiden and me.

We hit the dancefloor, and it was a breeze from there to get caught up in the music and intimate dancing with Jake. He didn't comment on how awkward my dancing was and went with whatever tempo I went with. We laughed and had a great time, but another hour into the party and things were getting a little intense.

Twice I had to politely swat Jake's hand away as he tried to slip it up my shirt and once more when he grabbed my ass a little too hard. I could feel the shift in his attitude toward me as it had become more rough and demanding.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

I just nodded and smiled tightly at him, hoping he didn't notice how uncomfortable I was.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom really quick," I said.

"Sure, it's just up the stairs and the first door on the right."

I walked away from him until I was out of view, then I ran to the bathroom and locked myself inside. I looked at myself in the mirror and that was all it took for the alcohol to fully hit me, and the room started to spin. I had to sit down on the toilet for a few minutes before I could stand properly and took out my phone to send Avery a text that I was ready to come home.

As fun as this was, it was getting to the point where I felt too anxious. I didn't like the sudden change in Jake's mood, and I wasn't good at turning people down politely. I wanted to have all the experiences of dating, and that meant losing my virginity, but I wasn't about to just throw that away at a University frat party to a guy I barely knew.

I always wanted my first time to be with Aiden, but I had given up on that ever happening. I waited to get a text back from my brother but there was nothing and I couldn't sit in the bathroom all night, or Jake would know something was up.

I sent him another quick text and exited the bathroom. Jake was standing there waiting for me and had an open can of twisted tea in his hand.

"There you are, feeling alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm feeling a little dizzy though, I just needed to sit down for a few minutes."

"Well, here, they always say the best way to avoid the spins is to distract yourself." He tried to hand over the drink to me, but something didn't settle right in my stomach.

'Why did he open it for me?' It could just be a nice gesture, but the fact that he was also waiting for me outside the bathroom with it was setting off some red flags. I had enough lectures from my mother about taking open drinks, even from people you thought you could trust.

"I think I'm done drinking for the night," I said and pushed the drink back, but his hand wouldn't budge.

"What's gotten into you, I thought we were having a good time?" His lip twitched a little.

"I am, it's been a great night. I just don't feel too good and don't want to drink anymore. I think I might actually head back for the night; I texted my brother to come and get me."

Something flashed in his eyes, and I knew that was a mistake. I should've just left.

"You're leaving already? You just got here."