fucked by the bats, fucked by the law

Start from the beginning

That was promptly when Eddie was able to slam the oar's head onto the other bat's gut and detach the bat from Auggie's ankle. Circulation slowly returned to Auggie's ankle, although the pain was all-consuming and he was surely losing blood.

Along with Auggie being freed, Robin was finally able to get another bat off of Nancy's back. The bat was flapping its wings so ferociously that Robin stumbled to the ground, although she kept a grip on its tail.

"Nancy! Get it!"

Nancy had to stabilize herself, blinking now that there wasn't a monstrous creature chewing into her flesh. She gripped her oar tighter, heading towards the bat Robin was holding.

"Go. To," Nancy swung down the oar so hard that she stabbed the bat. "HELL!"

The bat in questioned shrieked, black blood spurting out of it in a way that shouldn't be possible. Nancy didn't even let up there, she continued swinging at the bat again and again with her paddle. Auggie was standing now with his weight on one foot. Eddie had passed the oar back to him, considering Auggie was somehow much better at defeating Upside Down-bats than him.

"Munson, duck!"

Eddie was quick to duck down, granting Auggie the access to swing his oar with as much force as he could muster. The bat that had been heading for Eddie's back was sent flying somewhere in the distance. Eddie straightened back up, cackling in a mocking manner at the pained creature.

"HA, YEAH, HE GOT YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Steve's grip tightened on the tail of the bat he was still getting revenge on. He let out a loud grunt before he proceeding to to swing the bat down like it was a thick, heavy rope.

The bat that almost got Eddie was flying circles around him and Auggie, taunting them.

"Come on!" Auggie shouted, breaking off the head of the oar so splinters of a wood were sharp at the end. "Let's go, mother-fucker!"

And so the bat flew towards Auggie, but Auggie jutted out the broken wood in its line of direction. The bat essentially stabbed itself, stuck on the end of Auggie's wooden pole. Auggie stabbed the pole down onto the ground like he was stabbing an apple with a knife. The bat squealed and squirmed, but Auggie held it down. He didn't stop until the bat was properly immobile, essentially dead.

Auggie now had the time to take a glance in Steve's direction. He caught sight of Steve just in time to watch Steve swing the bat he was holding down again, even more forcefully. A little behind Steve, Auggie saw Nancy had killed her bat and Robin was sitting down out of exhaustion. Now, everyone was just watching Steve shout out as he beat the fuck out of his bat. He slammed the bat, again and again, a black blood splatter growing bigger on the ground every time Steve threw it down.

Even after it was dead, Steve stepped on the bat with his bare foot. He promptly yanked the tail of the bat he was holding, causing the bat to split completely in half.

Auggie looked up at Steve in a dazed shock. There was thick, black blood coming out his mouth from biting into the bat, to which he spat out with a huff of desperate air. Just for a moment, Auggie watched him. Watched Steve tilt his head back and just breathe. Then—

"Steve!" Auggie rushed toward him — or, well, he tried to, but the pain in his ankle was the worst thing he'd ever experienced, and he just limped.

Eddie muttered, "Jesus Christ."

"Steve, oh, my god!"

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie exclaimed.

Auggie finally made it over to Steve, tentatively placing a hand on his bicep from behind to inspect the damage. While Auggie stared down at the two deep gashes on either side of his torso, Steve stared behind at Auggie.