the superhero and the side-kick

◦☆*★ ━━━━━━ ★*☆◦

tw: very sad shit, death

chapter dedicated to bob newby, superhero

"Mr. Bob, please let me go!" Sam continued writhing in Bob's arms as Mike tried fighting the two guards. The kids were being blocked from warning everyone that it was a trap; that they would die if the didn't retreat now.

"Let me go, ugly assholes!" Mike screamed.

Bob's grip tightened on Sam if anything. He said, "Not until you calm down, kiddo. What's wrong, Sam? Explain."

"It's a trap!" Sam stressed. "If you don't let us go, now, then—"

And then the alarm began blaring. A yellow light was blinking rapidly to alert them all.

Sam went slack in Bob's arms, his arms around her waist being the only thing holding her up. She made eye contact with her raven-haired best friend, who had also stopped fighting the guards. In a fearful voice, she muttered, "Mike..."

"We're too late," Mike realized, with a devastated face.

"What?" Bob questioned, very confused.

Sam pushed Bob away from her as hard as she could, and finally was let go from his grasp. "We're too late!" Sam yelled.

She and Mike ran back into Will's hospital room, promptly followed by Bob while the two guards set off to find out what the alarm was for. If they had listened to Sam or Mike, they would have already known by nor. Or, maybe, there wouldn't even need to be an alarm, because they could've been warned in time.

They slowed to a stop once they reached Will's room. It was a dark outside, and the lights weren't on in the hospital room, so the only way of light was the blinking yellow one.

Over the loud alarm, Joyce asked, "What's going on?"

"We're under attack," Sam breathed out, eyebrows creasing nervously.

Thinking fast, Mike grabbed a needle and a sedative drug right next to it. He said, "We need to make Will sleep."

"What?" Joyce questioned, as if Mike was the crazy one, and not Will.

"He's a spy," Sam explained through a shaky voice. "If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."

Will's eyes widened in alarm and he shot up in his bed uncooperatively. "They're lying!"

"He killed those soldiers," Mike exclaimed. "He'll kill us, too!"

"They're lying!" Will screamed, trying to run away. Sam and Joyce both took one of Will's arms, forcing him back in the bed, but he kept trying to break forward. "They're lying! THEY'RE LYING! THEY'RE LYING! THEY'RE LYING!"

The alarm continued blaring, but that sound was soon mixed with guns going off from near Will's room.

"Those are gunshots!" Bob shouted anxiously.

Will continued trying to wrench out of Sam and Joyce's grip. He screeched, "THEY'RE LYING! THEY'RE LYING!"

"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen," Joyce tried to calm the boy down. He grabbed both of Will's shoulders. "Do you know who I am?"

Will went silent, and her eyes were wild. Joyce began shaking him desperately.

"Do you know who I am?"