𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Rosaline walked up next to Sansa in one of the colonnades, her eyes and nose red from crying as well. She bore a pink gown, her red hair still twisted in its Southern hairstyle.

The Stark girls stood in silence as a bard sat on the ground before King Joffrey and his retinue, singing a song from him. A song so terrible, Rosaline couldn't make a comment about it, she was too distraught.

"The boar's great tusks, they boded ill For good King Robert's health...
And the beast was every bit as fat...
As Robert was himself...
But our brave king cried, 'Do your worst! I'll have your ugly head! You're nowhere near as murd'rous as... the lion in my bed'
King Robert lost his battle and...
He failed his final test...
The lion ripped his balls off...
And the boar did all the rest..."

After a long... awkward... horribly... painful moment, the crowd in the courtyard began murmuring to themselves. They then began to applaud the bard when King Joffrey did.

"Very amusing," he said after a moment, but Rosaline couldn't look his way. Even hearing his voice made her feel uncomfortable. With several images of her killing him running through her head. "Isn't it a funny song?" Joffrey continued. "Thank you for your rendition. I imagine it was even better received at that tavern."

"I'm so sorry, Your Grace," said Marillion the Bard as he stood from his spot. "I'll never sing it again. I swear."

"Tell me, which do you favor; your fingers or your tongue?" asked King Joffrey.

"Your Grace?"

"Fingers or your tongue?" repeated King Joffrey. "If you got to keep one, which would it be?"

"I- I- I-"

"Or I could just cut your throat."

He's gone completely mad, thought Rosaline.

"Every man needs hands, Your Grace," Marillion hesitantly said.

"Good," King Joffrey almost smiled in amusement. "Tongue it is."

"Your Grace, please," said Marillion as guards approached him and took hold of his arms. "I won't sing— Your Grace."

"Ser Ilyn, who better than you to carry out the sentence?" asked King Joffrey, pointing out the royal executioner.

However, when Ser Ilyn made his way towards the bard, Rosaline couldn't help but glare at him as light tears dropped down her face. She wanted him dead, she wanted Joffrey dead, she wanted all of them dead.

"I beg you! Please, no, no!" begged Marillion as Rosaline now gazed at the man sadly. Yet another victim of King Joffrey's madness.

"Stop! ... No, no, no, no... Daddy! ... Please, stop—!"

Rosaline gasped, blinking out of her memory when she heard Marillion screaming. She almost averted her eyes away when she found Ser Ilyn pulling out the bard's tongue out. The screams echoed the halls, the blood spattered the floors. Yet Rosaline stayed completely still.

Until King Joffrey appeared before her.

She flickered her eyes over to him, the bard's horrified screams continuing behind them, as the King's eyes stayed on her sister. Two guards accompanied the King, one of them being The Hound.

"You look quite nice," King Joffrey told Sansa.

"Thank you, my lord," Sansa nervously said, her lips quivering, her eyes reddened.

"Your Grace," King Joffrey sternly corrected. "I'm King now."

Sansa stayed quiet.

King Joffrey then glanced over at the glaring Rosaline, and he almost chuckled. "Has anyone told you what a beauty you are, Lady Rosaline?" he asked.