The awakening

As Zero made her way back to the abandoned building she's staying in, all she could think about was the Puppeteer. 'Man, that guy was weird. Why did he smile so much? Why does his mouth and eyes glow? He was kind of cool though, I mean, the way he was able to get that kid to not scream while being tortured like that, that was amazing. He's real cute too...' A cold breeze blew past her, and she pulled her hood over her head. "Sure is cold tonight." she said aloud. When she got back to the building, she made her way over and placed her sledgehammer in the corner. She then lay down, and fell fast asleep.

When Zero woke the next morning, she let out a shriek. The Puppeteer was hovering over her, watching her. "Why are you here?! Why were you watching me sleep?! How did you find me?!" she yelled. The puppeteer once again laughed (he did that a lot, but Zero liked it. It was a cute laugh and it made her smile) and said, "You see, I'm here because I finished my killing for the night and had nothing else to do, and I was watching you sleep 'cause I didn't want to wake you. It was quite easy to find you, too. This is the only abandoned building in this town, and you didn't seem the type to sleep in the woods. She looked at him, and just stared for a moment. "How are you doing that, anyways? I mean, levitating." She asked. "You see," he said, "I am my own puppet. Since I am both the puppet and the puppeteer, I can make myself do thing most people can't. It's like how I made that boy levitate; only I'm doing it to myself, and not someone else." She sat in amazement. 'Is that even possible? To be both the master and the puppet?' She thought. "I like you. You're cute. We'd make a good team. You drive the kids to insanity and make them murder, then I come in and make the kid my puppet after they've given up! So, what do you say?" he smiled. Zero sat there, blushing a rosey pink. "I... Uh... You're not bad yourself.... And... Uh, well, umm...." She stuttered. "Oh, come on!" he said, "It'll be fun! You get to murder the friends and family, I murder the kid!" Zero thought for a second, then finally said "Wait, I just met you! You could just want to murder me! Turn me into one of your puppets!" and without another word, she jumped up and ran out the door.