𝑀𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝟤

A fictional story from our favorite, manipulative piece of shit tampon!!!

Feyre P.O.V: 

My steps echoed down the hallway. As I ran. Ran away from my mate. The one person who seemed to understand me through everything and nothing. With him, the story had already been written, boiled in the very depths of the cauldron that supplied the world we all lived in. The fae I saw everyday. And I knew in my heart, Tamlin wasn't that him. He would never be. 

Yet....we were mates. Weren't we? And mates never did lie. Fae couldn't lie, there was simply no way about it. I was demented, the truth. that much seemed real at least. I was wrong, something was wrong with me. I had felt it, like a weight in my heart as soon as Amarantha snapped my neck, and I found myself wishing that she really had snapped it for good. and that Tamlin hadn't saved me. That he hadn't fought for me. That he could have just sat there and let me die. 

Because I was dying. Everyday, a little bit inside myself. Inside of this house. Surrounded by him, by Lucien with no way out. Surrounded by my memories. I just wanted to get out, and for the fourth time that week I retched my guts out overtop of the diamond-encrusted toilet bowl. 

The reflection staring back at me sent a choked gasp down my throat, because that wasn't me. 

A knock on my door brought my attention upwards, "Go away." I choked out. Hating the taste of blood and food on my tongue, and wished I had died sooner. A lot sooner, because I simply wasn't enough. There wasn't enough of me left for Tamlin left, nothing left of me. 

When he lifted me into his arms, I allowed myself to dare to hope. to dare to think it could get better, but it didn't. When all he did was place me upon the sheets and pound my guts out. And I knew that this, this was wore than any torture, any ritual, anything I had to survive underneath the mountain. 

"Stop." I pleaded, and my voice cracked. I winced at how meek I sounded. I wasn't the girl I remembered, I wasn't the girl who had survived the mountain. And I realized, as Tamlin lay down next to me, exhausted after pleasuring himself with the broken body I assumed I owned. That, the girl I had been hadn't survived the mountain. She had died beneath it. 

And I was slowly dying, dying to get back to the vision of myself. And I realized that I wasn't living with Tamlin. I hadn't ever been living with him. The times I was truly alive, was Under The Mountain. Drugged, and dancing yes. Dancing with the whore who healed me. 

Dancing with the whore who saved me.