We continued to chat over coffee, laughing and joking until my eyes were drawn to the balcony nearby that I seemed to gravitate towards.

"This is so nice, I could stay here forever." I stated happily to myself, glancing out at the far reaching views of not just the campus but of the city that stood in the distance.

"Well I certainly like your company." Karina stated quietly, following me from behind.

"The view of the campus is incredible from here." I smiled widely, feeling a shiver from the cold air as I reached for my phone to capture the image of the city that stood in a blanket of snow.

Suddenly, I felt a jacket placed across my shoulders followed by a pair of slender arms wrapping around my waist from behind, pulling me into a back hug. "Karina?"

"You were cold." She muttered, leaning her chin on my shoulder.

I stood frozen in place. "I... thank you but it's okay-"

"Let me take care of you." She whispered, her lips brushing against my earlobe making me shiver but relax in her comforting embrace.

We stayed like that awhile, that feeling of nostalgia resurfacing again until I realised the time. Karina walked me back to my dorm, arm in arm despite the glances we were receiving from the other students at her mere presence. The attention was overwhelming.

A mere 10 minutes later and we finally arrived outside the dormitory building. "I'm here, thank you again for helping me Karina and for letting me stay."

"You don't need to thank me, anytime okay?" She replied, still holding my hand tightly in hers.

As I turned to walk away, I heard her call me once more from the distance. "Winter..."

I stopped from walking, turning back to glance at her. "Yeah?"

Her eyes had that hypnotic gaze again as she walked closer and engulfed me in a hug before whispering. "Good luck for Wednesday."

Wednesday 6pm

Karina's P.O.V.

How long does hope last for? That was a question I'd been wondering a lot recently. It seemed to me as it was hope that was always the last thing to leave when all else seemed lost.

Boredly, I glanced at the clock on the the wall opposite my desk in my office. It was as though it was actually ticking backwards, a cruel trick playing on my mind that would prevent the moment arriving when I would finally see Winter again.

I hadn't heard from her despite my attempts to call. She was always out of the dorm either in extra vocal classes or at the library. I knew she must have been tired, having been preparing for today all week.

At last, I finished the final report stacking it on the pile that cluttered my desk before grabbing my jacket. Wandering along the hallways towards the music department, I followed the sound to where a group of students were exiting the room of the last exam of the week.

Through the crowd, I searched and searched for Winter before smiling widely and waving casually towards her.