Chapter 2

It all suddenly became silent as every. Single. Machine. Just stopped working. No lights were working. Not a single ounce of electricity across the lab was left untouched. I was looking around in confusion as were my peers until we heard the banging in the door as it was, quite literally, swung off its hinges. And what I saw. I would never forget.

"FEAR NOT. WHY? BECAUSE I AM HERE!"

~~~~~~~~~~

shock. That's all I felt. How did they know we were here,how did they know where to find us? Million of questions were cursing through my mind at once. I could see a pretty woman with rabbit ears approach me and begun to take the machine arms out of my body and she made sure I was ok. I needed her name. I wanted to thank her. But who knows if I'll see her again. 

I keep my guard up just in case because I have no idea who these people are because of my lack of outside world knowledge. The same tall, blonde man from before had delivered a blow to Phillip and rendered him unconscious. So there against him? Are they here for us? I glance at Ben warily, but he looks relieved, he knows who these people are...

I look at the odd people in strange clothes with an emotionless expression. So this is how people dress outside? In strange leotards and skintight spandex suits? Odd. Well I'm no better, I'm in ripped up raggedy clothes with more holes than I can count. Not like I had a choice. They were the only things available. 

"HELLO YOUNG BOYS, WE ARE HERE TO SAVE YOU!!!" The tall blonde one with a spandex suit practically screams at us. I cringe at how loud he is and shuffle uncomfortably from the stares I'm getting. I see a shorter man with long black hair and a very large scarf around his neck tell him off for being so unnecessarily loud. 

I move closer to Ben as he is the one with the most useful quirk as of now, Reggie couldn't do anything as he could only communicate with the dead and Danny was rendered quirk less in Phillips book as he has forgotten how to speak. Lucas could only be of use if there was water , but unfortunately for him, there wasn't. We all had decent combat skills, so I wasn't particularly worried about that. 

The heroes notice what were doing and get us all to freeze where we are. We stare at the hero who told us to stay still and they immediately shut up. ME being the tallest of the 5 of us, tower over most the people in the room besides a select few.

 A different hero with flames covering his body begins to speak. "you boys, come with us, you're safe now" he's got a slight grump in his voice as if he doesn't want to be there. I look at my companions with a raised eyebrow and they nod signifying that they're good people and i should trust them. They all knew of them before coming here so I'd always look at them for confirmation before doing something. 

I watch the boys walk off with them and I drag behind them. i'm still unsure but grateful that they have come to save us, even if my face doesn't show it. The strangers lead us through the maze of a lab till we get to some metal doors that look like they have been busted down before hand.  

"young gentlemen... we are about to set you free. you need to stay with us until we know who you are and have proper care. do you understand?" the same hero that told the other man off for screaming at us before spoke. All of us boys nodded in agreement and followed them into the bright light we haven't seen in the longest time.

I cover my eyes as we walk outside, trying to adjust my eyes to the sun, only being used to the dimly lit rooms in the lab. i keep walking and accidentally bump into a woman in a tight revealing suit with long midnight colored hair. Once i can see properly i bow my head slightly as if to say sorry and she says some inappropriate things. i try and scuttle off to find the others and i can see them getting into a strange cuboid shaped box with round things on the bottom.

i walk over to them calmly with my hands in my pockets and a bored expression on my face. my hair blowing in the slight wind. i reach the cuboid thing slightly slouched backwards, hands in pockets and i look down at the person in baggy blue clothes and a hat.

"you must be the night soldier, well come on and get in the van" i stare at the man with a blank look then i turn to the box, which i now know is a van, and cautiously make my way through the door and sit on the free seat next to Lucas and Danny. 

The same man from before slides the door shut and gets in the van though a different door and sits in the seat with a wheel in front of it. i see him insert something into a hole and all of a sudden, the van shakes. i tense slightly as the vehicle begins to move but i put up with it, because that is what everyone else is doing. 

"ok then boys, time to go to the hospital"