𝟎𝟎𝟑, 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

003, ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ᴍᴀᴄᴋᴇɴᴢᴀ 'ᴋᴇɴᴢᴀ' ᴍᴀʀᴛᴇʟʟ ❀.

excuse any mistakes

MACKENZA MARTELL — 𝟎𝟐

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

MACKENZA MARTELL — 𝟎𝟐. 𝟎𝟖. 𝟐𝟑.
jimenez residence , 7:28 am.
sugarhill , harlem — @𝐩𝐲𝐭.𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐚.

ᡣ𐭩.

MACKENZA WALKED DOWN, her phone gripped in one hand while her backpack dangled from the other shoulder—she wasn't a morning person at all, and the prospect of starting at a new school filled with strangers did little to improve her mood.

public school was a foreign concept to mackenza. from her earliest memories in kindergarten straight through high school, private schools had been the only thing she knew. the thought of attending a public school had never even crossed her mind, yet, here she was, facing the reality of soemthing she'd never though she would dream this much.

reaching the bottom of the staircase, she initially thought she was the only one around—until she noticed a figure perched on the sofa. they looked up briefly when they heard her approach, then quickly diverted their attention back to their phone.

without uttering a word, mackenza beelined for the kitchen. there, on the counter, was a plate with bacon and eggs, still a bit warm from cooking. she shrugged off her backpack, letting it rest on a chair, and took a seat on a wooden chair, shivering slightly from the cold of the seat.

the girl let out a sigh, grabbing a piece of the burger bun and reluctantly used her fork to load the meal contents between the bread. she chewed thoughtfully, she was so accustomed to gourmet feasts at home, yet here she sat with a simple meal served on a paper plate.

she ate nonetheless. it wasn't to her liking, but she didn't have any type of option.

while she idly swiped through her phone with her audio playing softly, a voice broke through,  "yo, you gon have to hurry up eating, we leaving for the train in a couple minutes,"

mackenza let out an exasperated groan upon hearing his voice, her eyes rolling instinctively, her already sour mood exacerbating. she chose silence over trying to reply to him, lacking the energy to spark a dialogue.

her eyes skimmed her instagram feed, yet her thoughts were elsewhere. she dwelled on the irksome uniform policy at her new school; all the expensive clothes she had packed now seemed useless now. then there was the transportation—instead of luxurious, private limo rides, she was going to have to take the subway and train.

and breakfast, which was evidently not prepared fresh for her, lingered as further evidence of how her standards of comfort and luxury were being challenged.