He was staring back at me. We couldn't keep our eyes off of eachother until he ran onto the court.

"What?" Mia said.

"Uh, nothing sorry." I quickly said.

"Girl you know you can tell me anything." She pleaded.

"It was just uhhh." Think of something Skyla, think! "The ball almost hit a kid in the face. I just got shocked."

"Okayyy?" Mia said.

The game ended 138-143 us. My dad went up to congratulate everyone. I looked up LaMelo on instagram and surely enough I found his account. He posted about his brands and basketball mostly. I didn't see any girls though

We were in the clear.

My dad finished talking and told them all to go into the locker room.

"Girls when everyone finishes getting ready we're taking the van to a fancy restaurant." My dad said. 

"Dad I drove here." I replied.

"No worries just take your car and we'll meet you there."

"Alright."

I turned around and Mia disappeared. Where did she go? I spun around but I had no idea where she went.

MELO'S POV

Skyla's friend walked into the locker room looking around. She looked at me and locked her eyes on me. I was getting nervous because she started walking over.

"Can I help you?" I asked. She was right in front of me.

"Um yeah, my friend Skyla drove me here but I wanted to go on the bus to talk with the team. She needs someone to keep her company so I was wondering if we could just switch places?" She asked me.

Time alone? With Coaches Daughter? 

Fuck yes

"Oh yeah for sure no problem." I quickly responded. 

"Okay thanks so much. I'll go tell her now." She smiled and walked away.

I must be the luckiest man alive if I get to be in the car with her going to a restaurant thats 30 minutes away. I can get to know her and connect. 

SKYLA'S POV

"YOU SAID WHAT?!" I screamed.

Mia just laughed. "I saw the way y'all looked at eachother, I had to step in." She said with a big grin on her face.

I'm killing her tonight.

"Mia I can't!" I shrieked.

"Can't what? You can't sit in the car with a man for 30 minutes?"

"30 minutes?! Mia that's a long ass time."

"Sky, you'll be okay. Just talk to him. You know how to talk right?" She grinned.

"Super funny Mia."

"Just give it a chance. He's the first person that i've seen you look at like that since Davis."