(Edited) Chapter 6 part 3

The first thing Scarlet wanted to do was to set up a small party in the throne room, celebrating her acquisition of the dragonets and the beginning of her hatchday celebration. Carts were brought in carrying assorted appetizers and a massive bowl of wine that I could probably use as a boat. The golden goblets that stood next to the bowl were twice my height, and the width was equal to my length. I imagine you could fill it with enough wine to make twenty men drunk.

Preparations must have been highly stressful for the servants. I could see Scarlet's eyes bore into them as she watched each one like a hawk. She looked like she was about to snap and kill one of them if she noticed the most petite dust bunny on the polished stone floor.

She was just as strict with me as she was with the rest of the servants. She bent down and looked at me with complete seriousness, "Now, you will only speak when spoken to, understand?"

"Yes, Your Majesty," I said as I nodded sincerely.

"And no prophecies for anyone other than me."

"Of course."

She leaned in and glared., "I mean it, Scavenger." She spoke with a mix of a hiss and a growl.

"Y...yes."

"Good." She smiled contentedly before shifting into a scowl as she noticed a servant hadn't arranged the food on the carts correctly.

It wasn't long after when another dragon came to Scarlet and announced that her nobles had arrived and were awaiting for their queen's permission to enter. Scarlet burst with excitement as she gave the dragon her permission and then climbed onto her throne, eager to welcome her guests. Soon, the room was filled with nobles decorated in gold and jewels, all clamoring and talking with one another.

Scarlet got off her throne and strolled among her guests with a big smile on her face.

"Hmm, Scarlet, you truly have a unique taste in decorations," one noble said as he gestured towards Glory.

"And who's this charming specimen?" another asked, waving a jeweled claw towards me.

Scarlet didn't say anything. She simply grinned widely, showing all her fangs, clearly enjoying the attention and praise.

"Quite the collection you've got there, Scarlet," another noble commented, as he drank from one of the enormous goblets. "Where do you find such... exotic pieces?"

Scarlet chuckled, "Oh, you know, sometimes they just fall into my claws. Lucky me."

It was clear that I was the most exciting part of the party, and the nobles made several comments about me. There were few complaints, and most of it was blatant mockery.

Of course, there were some who gave me praise, but in the same way someone would compliment a dog:

"Oh, what a darling thing!"

Some who thought I was nothing but an animal who learned to speak:

"I've had a couple before. Not as tasty as you would think."

And others who commented on how small I was:

"Scrawny creatures. Almost no meat on them. I'm surprised they have any flavor at all."

Something in that room changed. I felt even smaller than I did before. There were dozens of eyes on me, and they all looked like they were examining every detail. I wanted to crawl into a comer of the room, or more ideally, leave this whole kingdom entirely. I didn't just feel uncomfortable with being in the center of the throne room. I felt sick and terrified.

Glory had her own fair share of attention. One of the nobles boldly approached her and stared.

"A Rainwing? So that's what they look like. Absolutely gorgeous."