Song of the heart

Start from the beginning

 In so many ways she was like him! She liked to run around and liked bread butter more than bread jam. She told him that she had fought a bad monster recently and after her victory she could now run around with her friends. He found talking to her very amusing while she played with other kids. However she was soon tired from all the games, and he picked her up in his arms. It all felt so sweet, and he wanted to soothe her. Daivik started singing to her without even realizing it. Tired and soothed, the girl slept on his shoulder. It all seemed so natural that he was carrying her around singing to her. There was a sense of peace and calm that he felt. Her parents were truly blessed. Daivik started to think that maybe he needed to find someone and start a family now. Is that the message Viren wanted to pass on to him by putting him on this babysitting duty?

When Shubhi saw a sleeping Dyuti on Daivik's shoulder from a distance, she immediately rushed to him. For a moment she thought that he was kidnapping her daughter! Has someone told him?

Shubhi: Please hand her back to me.

Daivik: (in a shock trying to process what Shubhi was asking for) What?

Shubhi: (pointing at his shoulder) The girl on your shoulder.

Daivik: (still surprised) What?

When Shubhi had rushed towards him, he did not even understand the reason. But he was lost looking at her walking towards him. He was still in a daze trying to process what she was saying. The woman who stood in front of him was beautiful, very beautiful, looking amazing in the traditional Indian dress. It took him six years back to their own wedding when he had thought she was one of most beautiful women he had seen. That it was soon overshadowed with all the busyness of family adjustment etc. meant he never had the time to follow that line of thought again. The allegations that followed were something he wanted to avoid thinking about, somehow the coherence was never there. And her behaviour when they were stuck together was totally different from what he thought of her...and the accusations that followed had told him that she was a certified gold digger, but again the recent behaviour said something else....

and the accusations that followed had told him that she was a certified gold digger, but again the recent behaviour said something else

It was as if he could see her lips moving but no words were registering in his head. Seeing him lost, when all her requests and questions were answered with a "What" Shubhi was irritated with Daivik.

Shubhi: Can you hear me?

Daivik: What?

Shubhi: That is my daughter, hand her back please! (It was a tone that was an order and not a request)

Daivik: What?

Shubhi: Now hand her back to me! (pointing to the girl on his shoulder)