6: Here Comes A New(?) Challenger!

A/N: Just in sched

Also, I hate this chap >:(

=-…-=

Today's stream is gonna be a bit different than usual. 

Yesterday, to celebrate my channel hitting 60,000 followers, I made a poll for my fans to choose what kind of stream I'll be doing today. Once again, as if they've planned it for weeks in advance already, the results were a landslide, with roughly 99.7% of the total votes choosing an IRL stream.

I don't know where to go though… 

I've been thinking about it for the entirety of my breakfast, actually. I must have looked more spaced out than normal to the landlady, who was giving me a confused look from the other side of the table. 

"Anything wrong? You look really serious." She smiled slightly at that. 

"It's nothing important. I was just wondering where I'll do my IRL stream today."

She paused at that, setting down her cup of milk. "IRL stream? That's unusual. Wait, did you hit another milestone for your channel?"

She hasn't really been watching my streams much lately. She's been really busy with whatever business she's doing by herself. For the past few weeks, Uto has been going to Tokyo frequently for some reason.

"Yeah. 60k."

"Oh! Congratulations, Kiyotaka!" She suddenly stood up and leaned over to me, patting me on my head again. "You're getting really big now!"

"Thanks. Still not as popular as you though."

Not by a longshot. Even though she's still in her indefinite hiatus, her subscriber count in youtube only continues to grow. She's almost about to hit 600,000 subscribers…

"Ah, well—" she mellowed down at that, scratching her cheek. She goes back to sitting after laughing awkwardly. "Twitch and Youtube subs aren't really equal, and..."

Uto still hasn't told me why she's on hiatus, although I've mostly connected the dots already. All I'm waiting for is a concrete confirmation.

"...I'm sure you'll be as popular as me soon, probably even more. You're amazing after all." She gives me a shy smile this time.

Now she's the one teasing me. Amatsuka Uto really is an interesting individual.

..
.

Well… this place is much livelier than in my world, that's for sure. 

In the end, we decided that I'll be streaming in Akihabara instead. It's a short ride from where I live, and apparently IRL streamers aren't uncommon here according to Uto. As expected of the 'Anime Capital of Japan' I suppose.

"I guess I'll start the stream now." I began fiddling with my phone as I walked through Tokyo's busy streets. "...there."

DancingPug112: first
DvorakEnjoyer88: second
PotatoPotahto777: Ayanokoji bro why wont you set streaming scheds, I always get a jumpscare when I see your notification 😭
WeirdlyStrange: oh dang akibaba or smth
InsertCl3verNameHere: helloooo
Voiceroid4Ever: good morning Kiyobaka