Chapter 13. Party

Start from the beginning

He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into him. "I'm afraid of losing you again. I'm careful more often than not with you. I can't help it. I was afraid if I told you that maybe you'd change your mind about us."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with as much passion as I always had. "I'm not going anywhere, baby," I murmured. "I already tried leaving once. You saw how well that worked out. I'm meant to be right here with you because if I wasn't, things wouldn't have played out the way they did. I love you."

"I love you," he said as he combed his fingers through my hair. He kissed my forehead and leaned back to look into my eyes. "Thank you for setting up the kids' bedrooms. I looked at them last night after you went to sleep. You did incredible, but you really didn't have to."

"I know, but I wanted to. I wanted to try to take a little pressure off of you. You've been through so much lately, I just thought I would ease your mind a little."

"Thank you," he said.

I smiled and kissed him on the lips. "I better get dressed and head home. I need to see Lilly."

"I'll go with you. I want you to come to the club today. You should bring Lilly."

"Okay," I agreed.

***

It was the first time I had stepped into the club in years. There were three pool tables and a few dartboards on the wall. There were a few arcade games for younger kids. The tables were counter-height. We were there before most of the others. We showed Lilly around and told her about how her grandpa and Linc's dad designed and built the club. Upstairs there were a few bedrooms with their own bathrooms. Inside a separate room there was a long table. A sign the length of the table hung on the wall that said Rebel and Rider. 

My fingers trailed along the wooden table. I could recall being little and sitting on my father's lap as all the men gathered around the large table. 

"Is it strange being back here?" Linc asked.

"A little," I admitted. "But it feels like home." We'd spent so much time at R&R, we practically grew up here. It was strange to think our fathers were going to be retiring. Linc was always meant to take over, and he might have sooner if he hadn't been in the bike accident. 

"We've come a long ways," he murmured.

"Is that your way of saying we're getting old?" I asked and chuckled.

He laughed. "Yeah, I suppose."

Lilly ran off to play with some other kids that came in. Voices started filling the room.

"Are you nervous?" I wondered.

He shrugged. "Not really. I've been preparing myself for it. I knew it was coming. For a while, I wasn't too sure if I even wanted this life."

I closed the distance between us and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Because of me?"

"Yeah." His arms wrapped around my shoulders. "I'd rather have you over all of this."

"You can't change who you are. This place is who you are. I understand that now. It'll always be who I am too. I won't make you choose."

He rested his forehead against mine.

"Strolling down memory lane, you two?" Dad teased as he came into the room.

"I guess you're probably kicking me out?" I asked as the other members came into the large room. 

"You guessed right," Dad said.

I chuckled. My lips locked with Linc's lips for one more kiss before leaving the guys to their business. Mom came in with a tote full of food. Other people came in carrying more food. 

"They're making this patch over into a potluck?" I asked.

Mom nodded and walked past me to the massive kitchen. I followed after her and helped her and the others put things away. 

"The kegs are here!" someone shouted from the bar.

"Shit. They weren't supposed to be here for two more hours," Mom muttered.

I followed her out by the bar and told the guys where to put the kegs. Another guy came in carrying a large speaker. 

He looked at me and gave me a flirtatious smile. "Where do you want me to set up?" 

"You are?" I arched a brow, clearly not showing any interest in the guy.

"The DJ," he said. His flirtatious mood changed into annoyance when he realized I didn't return the attraction he obviously had for me. 

"Hey, Mom," I called for her. "The DJ wants to know where to set up."

Mom pointed to a corner of the room across from the bar. 

The guy headed for the corner not looking at me again. As people filed in they asked Mom and I how they could help. I wasn't exactly sure, but I did my best to throw myself into things. They decorated a big sign to hang up that said congratulations. I wasn't sure if they were congratulating the new ones or the old ones. I suppose it made sense if they were congratulating everybody.

The guys came out of the room hooting and clapping. Several members patted Lincoln and Bryant on the back. Hugs were exchanged with members and nonmembers.

Linc stood up on one of the pool tables to get everyone's attention. "Alright, let's get this party started!" Linc shouted over everyone. The crowd cheered and clapped.

Linc jumped off the table and found me. He grabbed my face between his hands and smashed his lips to mine. Many people noticed the kiss. They clapped, whistled, and a few of the guys said some inappropriate things. 

Bryant offered Linc a beer. Linc held the beer up high and said, "For great things to come." 

Everyone cheered and raised their beer. 

Linc took a swig of his beer and glanced down at me. "How about a drink, babe?"

"Sure," I agreed. 

Linc led me over to the bar. He was really good at making mixed drinks, so I waited for him to hand me one.

***

A/N: Hey, guys, I know it's been a long time. Hopefully, the next chapter will come a lot sooner.