The summer I broke a heart

The restaurant was almost fully packed when they arrived. The pair moved to the large glass windows to their left. The view opened onto the neighborhood's intimate, wooded area. The rays of the April sun warmed the young man's exposed tanned arms. Behind him, fake climbing vines suspended from wooden semi-walls served as ornate decorations. His seat was plush, made of velvet and tinted in burgundy and the table had a taupe tablecloth.

The spot was relatively cheap, even if it was in European's style. The sort of place where you go with your family after shopping to fill your stomach without expecting quality. Kim Taehyung could complain about it to his partner, but he himself couldn't afford it, so he kept quiet. It was a Wednesday afternoon during the week. He typically worked the most at this hour, but he had taken time off for once at the recommendation of a colleague.

The young man had taken the trouble to put on nice clothes: a yellow short-sleeved collared shirt with a white shirt underneath and grey pants with sandals. His gold bracelets and rings complimented his leather belt. The whole set of clothes and accessories was given to him by his father on December 30th, for his 26th birthday. He had also styled his long chestnut hair in a bun with a waterfall braid and put a little warm toned makeup on his eyelids and lips.

He tapped his fingers on the table in anticipation of a waiter offering them their menu, averting his companion's gaze. His eyes dwelt on the plants, the decorations and sometimes the people around them. He shouldn't have agreed to come.

Ahn Sungki was a good and patient man. He had a relatively simple physique, with a thin oval face and a long, narrow nose. The man had the beginnings of a black beard and mustache that he groomed now and again. His skin was medium with golden undertones. His hair was curly and stopped just below his ears. His voice was tender and enthusiastic as he talked about his plans to relocate to a new neighborhood in Seoul by the end of the year.

It was their tenth date. The one where he was deciding whether he wanted to continue the relationship in a more serious way. If it was just for the sex or if they would stop seeing each other totally.

He was older than him, by about 6 years. The man had been working in the renovation business for several years and had a house large enough to raise a family. If they could adopt, that is. His new home would be even bigger and very close to Taehyung's parents. He was attentive and tender in bed. Honestly, if the younger were to ask his parents to marry him, it would be a very enthusiastic yes from them.

"You're sublime today my dear. It is the case all the time but especially today." He complimented as he held his hands in his, lightly stroking his skin.

Taehyung pursed his rosy lips together, unsure of how to react to sincere flattery. It inevitably caused him to feel uncomfortable. He got the impression as if he had to reciprocate and be made to feel honored by such a thing. He humbly thanked him with a nervous smile and set his hand back on his side of the table. Taehyung resisted the urge to rub his hand on his thigh to remove the sensation of his skin on his.

The menu was finally delivered to them, and he hastened to carefully consult it in its entirety. He asked if Sungki didn't mind paying for an appetizer and a dessert this time. He replied with a wave of his hand that he was making it his business. So, they both chose a potato soup with avocado. For the main course Sungki took a lamb with ginger honey and zucchini flan and for him a light brandade Nîmes's style. For dessert, they would see if they would still be hungry, but he had his eye on a lemon pie or a cinnamon coffee Streusel.

"And what you havin' to drink with that?" summoned the young waitress in a German's accent. She must have been a teenager judging by her youthful appearance. Her hair was dyed electric red in the front strands. But it was all tied up in a professional bun.